The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SVX Registration (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30380)

Earthworm 12-20-2005 03:29 PM

SVX Registration

In an effort to track all the SVX's ever made a form has been created to enter the details for as many as we can find.

This can function as an information tool to help us help you with your SVX. For instance, you may have a car problem but the year/model of your SVX was not stated. It would be simple to look this up in the registry.

It can be used to track the status of the SVX's and determine how many are still on the road vs. how many have been totalled or parted out.

The link to the registry page is:

http://svx-iw.com/svxiw/registry/

This form is flexible where if you feel that information should or shouldn't be tracked the form can be updated.

If you make an error when submitting your information simply resubmit with the correct info and the previous entry will be deleted.

hexadec0079 12-20-2005 07:52 PM

this is a much better option in my opinion, better than the multiple list all the SVX's you know of threads scattered on different boards. Good Work!

Earthworm 12-21-2005 10:13 AM

Thanks for making this thread a sticky Earl. (even better would be an "announcement" but that's pushing it :D)

Ricochet 12-21-2005 11:44 AM

I entered everything but my vin and it was accepted.

huck369 12-21-2005 11:45 AM

I added mine....
But where can we see the results?

ensteele 12-21-2005 12:00 PM

Comming Soon!!!! :D :D :D :D

Earthworm 12-21-2005 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricochet

It will accept any and all information you enter in. There are no checks on the information supplied. Idealy we would want to collect all the VIN's though.

Earthworm 12-21-2005 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huck369
I added mine....
But where can we see the results?

The results are kept private at the moment. As of right now only myself and Earl can see the list. It will be discussed as to what information will be made public/private.

Chiketkd 12-21-2005 12:27 PM

Quote:

I imagine the Vin # is important to ensure they're no duplicates when determining the final numbers. For example, CigarJohnny bought Huck369's pearlie 5spd.

Great site David and I've already sent my 96's info along.

-Chike

huck369 12-21-2005 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiketkd
I imagine the Vin # is important to ensure they're no duplicates when determining the final numbers. For example, CigarJohnny bought Huck369's pearlie 5spd.

Great site David and I've already sent my 96's info along.

-Chike

Yeah, I only entered my current SVX, not the 3 I've owned before....but I think that the VIN is a good thing to keep track of, but maybe not have it posted in a public list....

Earthworm 12-21-2005 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huck369
Yeah, I only entered my current SVX, not the 3 I've owned before....but I think that the VIN is a good thing to keep track of, but maybe not have it posted in a public list....

Exactly. I was thinking of treating the information just like CarFax except without the whole registration/pay thing :D

Ricochet 12-21-2005 02:32 PM

If I go enter everything again, this time with vin included, will it count as two cars?

Earthworm 12-21-2005 02:41 PM

Quote:

If I go enter everything again, this time with vin included, will it count as two cars?

No, I'll take care of the duplicates.

ensteele 12-21-2005 02:49 PM

It is best if the VIN is entered so that the car is recognized as that - one car. :) If someone buys a SAV and enters in the VIN for the car they own, it will replace the old owner. The car is tracked by the VIN. :) Correct this if I am wrong David. :rolleyes:

Earthworm 12-21-2005 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
Correct this if I am wrong David. :rolleyes:

If you insist :D

It's possible to have the same VIN registered more than once. This way a history can be saved. I'm only going to delete repeat entries made by the same person.