The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Interior Question (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19421)

Rotorflyr 06-21-2004 12:43 AM

Interior Question

Ok, Im sure this has been discussed before, but which interior do you prefer, leather or fabric (and why)

deruvian 06-21-2004 01:19 AM

After checking out some cars with ecsaine at the Reno SVX meet, it is now my fave.

svxistentialist 06-21-2004 03:56 AM

Ecsaine

For a number of reasons....:)

It does not heat up much in direct sunlight;

It is not naturally slippery, so less chance of submarining below the seatbelt in a rear accident;

It's lighter than leather;

It's easy to clean;

Nice firm grip when belted in for press-on driving.

In favour of leather, it has that lovely smell, and an air of opulence that is hard to beat. It also wears better, certainly better than the vinyl leather-look parts of my driver's seat.

That is one improvement I would really like to see in an SVX:- replace the vinyl panels on the ecsaine seats with real leather. You get the best of both worlds. The smell and good wear properties of leather, and the grip and comfort of Ecsaine in the centre panels. Pity Fuji went the cheap route here.

Joe:)

dcarrb 06-21-2004 06:28 AM

I like the leather but wish the seating insert was a velour of the sort that covered the seats in my old Legacy. Comfortable, breathable, and with two hundred thousand miles, that stuff still looked brand new.

Not a fan of the escaine, period, but if I could change one thing about the interior, I'd replace the plastic woodgrain with the genuine article. (What were they thinking?)

dcb

AppStateSVX 06-22-2004 09:56 PM

i like the leather, I had a fabric car before this one, and I think the leather is a LOT more comfortable, and looks nicer

Green1995SVX 06-22-2004 10:23 PM

I love leather interior. It's comfortible and looks great. It is sometimes hot in the summer.

Cloth interior looks dreadfully cheap. I can just hear the neighbors now. "Business must be off for Mike. Look, his new car has cloth interior." ;) ;) :D

Mike

SubaSteevo 06-22-2004 10:36 PM

I like the all escaine seats, though I've never seen them in person.

Leather is nice too :D

CigarJohnny 06-23-2004 06:18 AM

I have the Escaine seats in mine but would love to replace them with Leather. I simply LOVE leather interiors for the smell, look, and the feel. We have all leather in the PT Cruiser and it is fantastic! I plan to one day replace the apolstery with one of Dayle's leather setups. There is simply nothing like the look and feel of leather.

It does have it's negatives, though. Mainly it is the slipperyness of it in hard driving. My escaine seats really grab and hold me in the curves. That and the fact that it makes you sweat in hot weather, especially when wearing a dress shirt. In an ideal world, I'd like to see an all leather interior but with perforated suede center panels in the seats to keep one from sliding.

Johnny

SVXer95 06-23-2004 07:31 AM

I traded my cloth seats for leather, and I would never go back. The leather really updates the look of the interior and the heat isn't too bad. I sweat just as much with the cloth seats as I do with the leather, but looked half as good doing it;)

Chiketkd 06-23-2004 07:39 AM

Believe it or not...

When I was looking for an SVX to purchase 2 months ago, I sought out '96/'97 L models with the cloth interior. While the leather and escaine interiors are lovely, the cloth seats are much lighter and grip you better in hard corners. Since I was looking for a project car, luxury items were a secondary concern for me...

-Chike

mikecg 06-23-2004 08:24 AM

out of those 2

I prefer the fabric. I've never liked sitting on leather. I like the smell of new leather, just not the feel.

My favorite SVX interior i the Suede with leather trim. Your sitting on the soft suede.

Alycone 06-26-2004 12:13 AM

I like the escaline, I'm not nuts about the fabric and I like how the leather looks but not how it feels on a hot day.