The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Continued disregard of rules, Permaban in place. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=55278)

ensteele 08-17-2010 01:18 PM

Continued disregard of rules, Permaban in place.

As a result of serious and continuous rule breaking by Trevor in the recent past, it was decided by a majority vote of administrators and moderators that Trevor was to be permanently banned.

In deference to Trevor's eminence on the Network Forums, particularly in engineering matters, it was agreed that the ban would not be put into effect provided that he continued to post within the rules of the forum.

The team of administrators and moderators has now decided that Trevor's posting style as shown in recent threads is too confrontational and is in permanent disregard of the Rules for Posting. It is with regret that we now put the permanent ban into place.

Baiters will also be punished.

Wikedjuggalo 08-17-2010 01:34 PM

Re: Continued disregard of rules, Permaban in place.

Can't say I didn't see this coming. But I am also glad moderators have noticed the baiters here.

SoCal LS-L 08-17-2010 02:43 PM

Im curious.... on a thread Trevor and Keith were going at it, I mentioned something about them being married, to highlight their daily squabbling in what I thought was a funny non-confrontational way.

Would this be considered baiting, despite the fact I have shared no ill will with either of them? Im not sure I understand the term "baiting" as well as maybe I should.

Mike621 08-17-2010 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCal LS-L (Post 655361)
Im curious.... on a thread Trevor and Keith were going at it, I mentioned something about them being married, to highlight their daily squabbling in what I thought was a funny non-confrontational way.

Would this be considered baiting, despite the fact I have shared no ill will with either of them? Im not sure I understand the term "baiting" as well as maybe I should.

Regardless of the terminology, I think we could all use a break from the squabbles and instead post more useful, coherent threads that will encourage current and future owners that we are a valuable resource and community as a viable SVX enthusiast/owners club.

SoCal LS-L 08-17-2010 04:27 PM

Nevermind, I got the definition from the dictionary.

Blacky 08-17-2010 05:20 PM

His writing style was so precise and his vocabulary so eloquent that it almost seemed non-combative.
I found the squabbling quite amusing but also a little bothersome. He will in some ways be missed.

Dessertrunner 08-17-2010 05:21 PM

Guys I hope you didn't see me as baiting him I just trying to make some humor out of his replies so he would calm down.
Tony

SomethingElse 08-17-2010 06:01 PM

Baiter
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A baiter is someone in an Internet discussion group who deliberately posts aggravating messages on a message board. Often, this is part of a previous conflict between the baiter and the baiter's intended target.

Baiters are different from Flamers because they do not directly insult their target; instead, they post something likely to aggravate him/her.

NOM NOM NOM

Cam 08-17-2010 07:41 PM

nevermind, misunderstood the first post.

SoCal LS-L 08-17-2010 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SomethingElse (Post 655387)
Baiter
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A baiter is someone in an Internet discussion group who deliberately posts aggravating messages on a message board. Often, this is part of a previous conflict between the baiter and the baiter's intended target.

Baiters are different from Flamers because they do not directly insult their target; instead, they post something likely to aggravate him/her.

NOM NOM NOM

So me asking Keith if he wanted to marry Trevor WAS baiting :lol: even if it were meant in the kindest way, I suppose..

Phast SVX 08-17-2010 09:23 PM

Ugh really? My car would not be turbocharged without Trevor.

BRADY 08-18-2010 12:21 AM

Hello lads.

This seems a shame to me, as I have spoken to Trevor and met his wife when I was in Auckland earlier in the year.

I have intentionally stayed out of any squabbles taking place, but do not find them at all offensive or particularly damaging to the forum.

Trevor is a very well educated, passionate SVX enthusiast with substantial engineering knowledge. To lose his expertise from the forum will only hurt the rest of us here that have not got our emotions involved. This to me, seems more like a conflict of personalities, rather than a continued flaunting of the forum rules.

SVX owners by definition are interesting, 'left of centre' people. To shun a fellow member because of personality is absurd.

Michael

SilverSpear 08-18-2010 12:58 AM

Well taking into consideration the committed and non committed members to this forum, Trevor was one of those who are really committed, and it is a shame to loose him especially with our "shrinking" society.

The case of Trevor is really really curious, to an extent that one wonders, why is this happening and why he is behaving like this?

Michael, I exchanged a lot of PMs with Trevor over the past few years, sometimes when he was quarreling with someone on the main, and I kindly asked him to cool it down and everything but he wouldn't listen. I can clearly say that I saw this coming... and I can understand a misunderstanding with a member, maybe with another and another... but not everybody.

Probably the way he addresses people should be rephrased into a softer tone and everything will be OK. His last encounter was with YT and I think this is what triggered his ban.

Trevor is a great loss, but maybe this is for the benefit of all?

Wikedjuggalo 08-18-2010 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSpear (Post 655448)
Well taking into consideration the committed and non committed members to this forum, Trevor was one of those who are really committed, and it is a shame to loose him especially with our "shrinking" society.

The case of Trevor is really really curious, to an extent that one wonders, why is this happening and why he is behaving like this?

Michael, I exchanged a lot of PMs with Trevor over the past few years, sometimes when he was quarreling with someone on the main, and I kindly asked him to cool it down and everything but he wouldn't listen. I can clearly say that I saw this coming... and I can understand a misunderstanding with a member, maybe with another and another... but not everybody.

Probably the way he addresses people should be rephrased into a softer tone and everything will be OK. His last encounter was with YT and I think this is what triggered his ban.

Trevor is a great loss, but maybe this is for the benefit of all?

I think you pretty much covered it all. I never had an issue with Trevor but often a useful thread would become nothing but an argument and attempts to prove something wrong (not always Trevor at fault here).

Sean486 08-18-2010 09:43 AM

I am surprised, as lately I have felt that he was the one constantly being insulted and attacked for little or no reason.

But I must admit is was pretty annoying when the thread degenerated into a pissing match, with each trying to get in the last jab.