The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Svx Show Cars (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37365)

momzsvx 02-07-2007 10:40 AM

Svx Show Cars

I would like to know if anyone has taken their svx or svx’s to a local car show. If so could you post a picture of the car please? I want to do this possibly with my future purchase of a 95 L AWD. I have also would like an easy way to maintain the car and hopefully seek awards for her. I believe this would be an investment for the future when these cars come extinct. So what do you guys think? Am I nuts, or what? I will have a parts car and two driving cars. I would love to have two driving svx, however realistically I can only afford to drive one. I may sell my 94 pearlie if I cannot keep both. The 95 seems to be in much better shape. I need to feel as if I am banking money instead of throwing it out the window. I believe if I can show one. I can keep my 94 as well. ;)

solarsvx 02-07-2007 10:47 AM

http://www.deepvision.net/gallery/di...bum=121&pos=47

this was as of 3 weeks or so ago

huck369 02-07-2007 11:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Had mine in the "Somernite's Cruise" car show here in Somerset several times....
Even in the one that was filmed for "SPEED" Channel....but didn't get on the show...

momzsvx 02-07-2007 11:28 AM

Nice pearlie

That is a nice 92 pearlie. It seems its mainly stock; accept the wheels as well as the tint. It looks really good. Thanks

momzsvx 02-07-2007 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huck369
Had mine in the "Somernite's Cruise" car show here in Somerset several times....
Even in the one that was filmed for "SPEED" Channel....but didn't get on the show...

Thanks Huck, what year is yours. I like the yellow.

This one is a polo green and I believe I will not touch the paint accept have thought about a feather gold strip down the side. I hope for it to be a very thin line.

huck369 02-07-2007 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momzsvx
Thanks Huck, what year is yours. I like the yellow.

This one is a polo green and I believe I will not touch the paint accept have thought about a feather gold strip down the side. I hope for it to be a very thin line.

Mine is a 92 Also....and the Yellow is a Acura NSX Pearl Yellow, called "Indy Yellow"

Ralph Gibbs 02-07-2007 02:20 PM

Hi Huck, Did you paint your SVX since the 10th anniversary meet or is that another SVX ?

Looks great....Ralph

huck369 02-07-2007 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ralph Gibbs
Hi Huck, Did you paint your SVX since the 10th anniversary meet or is that another SVX ?

Looks great....Ralph

It's a different SVX, I sold my 5-speed to CigarJohnny after his got stolen...

But couldn't stand not haveing one, so I ended up getting another one, a 92 Ebony....but I'm not a black fan, so i painted it something.....a little ...Brighter:D

ensteele 02-07-2007 07:37 PM

I have shown several of mine as well. Both 94s (Barcelona Red and Lagunal Blue). I have done some local shows and also the Subaru Show here on the west coast. I have several trophies for them. :) :)

It's Just Eric 02-07-2007 09:03 PM

A: Super clean pearlie
B: ROFTL Eclipse wing!!!
C: A thin gold leaf stripe would look great on polo green, if only
D: It weren't an L model:o The polo green with tan interior is quite possibly the best looking color combo on an svx besides the pearl white, and ruby mica.

ensteele 02-07-2007 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by It's Just Eric
The polo green with tan interior is quite possibly the best looking color combo on an svx besides the pearl white, and ruby mica.

I would agree with the Polo Green and Beige interior.

svxcess 02-07-2007 09:34 PM

Quote:

A thin gold leaf stripe would look great on polo green...The polo green with tan interior is quite possibly the best looking color combo on an svx.

Thanks, Eric!! :)
I'm going to try a striping idea on my polo. If all works well, you will not see the actual stripe itself, but its reflection. It should appear and disappear, depending on the lighting.

(Something like what nubs did to his trunk with the SVX logo; it really isn't there)

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/nubs/89.jpg

momzsvx 02-07-2007 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
I have shown several of mine as well. Both 94s (Barcelona Red and Lagunal Blue). I have done some local shows and also the Subaru Show here on the west coast. I have several trophies for them. :) :)

Do you feel it may be feasible keeping two cars? I am as weary on this as any vehicle cost money and for us we have six cars now two which are inoperable at this present time. Would trophies bring up the value or would it mean something to those who are collectors?

momzsvx 02-07-2007 09:51 PM

Quote:

A: Super clean pearlie
B: ROFTL Eclipse wing!!!
C: A thin gold leaf stripe would look great on polo green, if only
D: It weren't an L model:o The polo green with tan interior is quite possibly the best looking color combo on an svx besides the pearl white, and ruby mica.

Ouch it will be an L AWD model but I have planned on taking the seats out of my 92 LSL however they are not tan. You are right.....it would look much nicer with tan....hmmm

momzsvx 02-07-2007 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess
Thanks, Eric!! :)
I'm going to try a striping idea on my polo. If all works well, you will not see the actual stripe itself, but its reflection. It should appear and disappear, depending on the lighting.

(Something like what nubs did to his trunk with the SVX logo; it really isn't there)

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/nubs/89.jpg

yes you are right on the money as to what I was thinking....however I do not have the seat combo yet will have to make that a future item.