The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SVX Purchase Question (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34501)

Osilith 08-01-2006 12:00 AM

SVX Purchase Question

Hey guys,

Ive been reading up on the SVX recently I mean I love this car so much ... not only is it rare but it's like the really Cool Big Bro to the WRX hehe well lead Subaru there anyways....but I was just wondering atm I have a 1986 Subaru GL <Brown> station wagon. I call it a Terd on wheels ... cause that's what it looks like hehe, but their is a local classified selling a SVX for 700$ with 125k on it...says it runs fine but that it just won't go....so Im thinking transmission ofcourse because of all the trouble Ive read about SVX with transmissions hehe then it could just be something minor on the transmission but who knows...haven't checked it out yet but It sounds like an awesome project car for me to fool around with in my free time...cause Ive always wanted one :) and ofcourse once I get the money if it is transmission then that's and awesome reason to upgrade to the 5 speed WRX transmission :cool: :D ;) hehe anyways also just wondering if anyone could give me any advice on what to look for on it and look out for as well, I can use any advice Im a major noob to to the SVX besides what Ive read and haven't fooled around too much with modifying cars yet ... but that's what this Website is for :). Thanks in advance for any replys

:p Joe

Noir 08-01-2006 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osilith
Hey guys,

Ive been reading up on the SVX recently I mean I love this car so much ... not only is it rare but it's like the really Cool Big Bro to the WRX hehe well lead Subaru there anyways....but I was just wondering atm I have a 1986 Subaru GL <Brown> station wagon. I call it a Terd on wheels ... cause that's what it looks like hehe, but their is a local classified selling a SVX for 700$ with 125k on it...says it runs fine but that it just won't go....so Im thinking transmission ofcourse because of all the trouble Ive read about SVX with transmissions hehe then it could just be something minor on the transmission but who knows...haven't checked it out yet but It sounds like an awesome project car for me to fool around with in my free time...cause Ive always wanted one :) and ofcourse once I get the money if it is transmission then that's and awesome reason to upgrade to the 5 speed WRX transmission :cool: :D ;) hehe anyways also just wondering if anyone could give me any advice on what to look for on it and look out for as well, I can use any advice Im a major noob to to the SVX besides what Ive read and haven't fooled around too much with modifying cars yet ... but that's what this Website is for :). Thanks in advance for any replys

:p Joe

gotsubaru is up in your area...drop him a line, he'll probably be able to tell you a few things to look for.

you could search the site to see what others have said in the past in regards to new buyers.

i would say make your own judgement based on the advice from a trusted mechanic if you don't have a clue about vehicles.

good luck...i like those digital panels inside the GL's. ;) and it is not a terd on wheels.

ensteele 08-01-2006 11:35 PM

Welcome to the site. Here is a link to What to look for when buying a SVX. Good luck on your search.