The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   MAC vs. PC... What's the big deal??? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17655)

GreenMarine 04-02-2004 11:43 AM

MAC vs. PC... What's the big deal???

I just don't understand it... Why is it that someof ya get so fired up over a type of computer??? I might beable to see it if you had built the thing from scratch and someone insulted "your work"... But comon people... What is the real battle between Mac users and PC's??? Someone fill me in here....

"Throw me a friggen bone" :):D:D

upnygimp 04-02-2004 11:54 AM

Its because $OME PEOPLE (who shall remain namele$$) get sand in their undies when anyone bashes a Mac. Or a D-C product. This provokes others who love GM products (who shall also remain nameless) to respond with another flame. Keep going, and there's your basic PC vs Mac thread

If people around here would just take a chill pill, such debates would stay nice and civil.

Seraph 04-02-2004 12:00 PM

/me tosses out the bones.

Noir 04-02-2004 01:15 PM

chris it has nothing to do with macs or pcs. most members here who use one over the other don't have any problems with each other. it is only when one group insults the other group over some bs that sparks people to get into one of the two sides of the argument. it's not about the computer but the insulting comments about each other.

got me you bubblehead? :eek:

Uncamitzi 04-02-2004 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Noir
chris it has nothing to do with macs or pcs. most members here who use one over the other don't have any problems with each other. it is only when one group insults the other group over some bs that sparks people to get into one of the two sides of the argument. it's not about the computer but the insulting comments about each other.

got me you bubblehead? :eek:

Quit insulting the Navy by calling a Jarhead a bubblehead...

Everyone knows that the only good Marine is a Submarine!!!

Signed
QM4 (SS) (retired) Uncamitzi
OFFICAL BUBBLEHEAD :D :D Now that's a traditional battle... the Navy against the Marines!!!

Again for all of those that don't understand.... this is said with good nature and a sense of humor... If you feel like flaming me for real about this ... I have a great picture that Rob sent me that I can respond with ...:D

JLittell 04-02-2004 01:57 PM

GreenMarineSVX, good point!

Whatever you do don't spill any milk in these forums.... :D

shelfy 04-02-2004 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by JLittell
Whatever you do don't spill any milk in these forums.... :D
or on your keyboard. :cool:

Mr. Pockets 04-02-2004 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by shelfy
or on your keyboard. :cool:
I've done exactly that before. I was playing StarCraft online with a friend when I did it. I tried explaining to him, real quickly, what had happened and why I was disconnecting, but the longer I typed the more keys I lost. It was really funny.

The keyboard was one of the last examples of the great and powerful Gateway 2000 programmable keyboards. You could remap the keys anyway you wanted and there was a second set of F-keys on the left side that you could program entire letters onto. I loved that keyboard so much that I spent the better part of a Saturday taking it apart completely and cleaning it.

ensteele 04-02-2004 02:38 PM

Some members forget why we are here - because we all love (or most of us do) the SVX. If we would stay on those subjects instead of all of the other stuff that is controversial, we probably wouldn't have all of the flames. :rolleyes:

JLittell 04-02-2004 03:06 PM

Flames? Earl, You need to go to your Fire Extingusher thread for that one! :D

Sorry back to the main topic...

Seraph 04-02-2004 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ensteele
Some members forget why we are here - because we all love (or most of us do) the SVX. If we would stay on those subjects instead of all of the other stuff that is controversial, we probably wouldn't have all of the flames. :rolleyes:

What? They are not here because they love me?

Greenbird 04-02-2004 04:38 PM

It's because Macs are like a Cadillac, and PCs are like a riced out enconobox. :p

Landshark 04-02-2004 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Greenbird
It's because Macs are like a Cadillac, and PCs are like a riced out enconobox. :p
actually, its because Macs are like "look at me! i'm different!", and PC's are like "yeah, i'm a computer". :P

i really don't care either way - use what you like.

i do have a theory, though - Mac users are more annoying than PC users. of the Mac users i know, most are annoying (except for Mike, he's alright :D).

Noir 04-02-2004 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark

actually, its because Macs are like "look at me! i'm different!", and PC's are like "yeah, i'm a computer". :P

i really don't care either way - use what you like.

i do have a theory, though - Mac users are more annoying than PC users. of the Mac users i know, most are annoying (except for Mike, he's alright :D).

i use a pc...you don't think i'm annoying? :)

guess i better work overtime to compensate for that.

mohrds 04-02-2004 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark
"I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum......and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Its never a bad time to quote Rowdey Roddy Piper :D

That was a great movie!

Doug