The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Merry Christmas! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42481)

CorSVXette 12-24-2007 07:00 AM

Merry Christmas!

I know I am a day early but I wanted to cheat a little and be the first:). I just wanted to wish my "new " family a Merry Christmas. I have only owned this car for a few months and you guys and girls on this network have been great! I currently own a 69 Corvette that I bought in 1979 and love that car and will never get rid of it. I never thought I would feel that way about another car until I bought this one. I now have another car I will never get rid of. Tom( svxfiles), I think you called the other night,( wife was not sure) to wish me a Merry Christmas. Thank you. The best to you and your family, AND EVERY ONE ELSE ON THIS NETWORK!!!!!!!. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!

ridered777 12-24-2007 07:09 AM

My best holiday wishes to everyone, also.

Merry Christmas!

This really is a great group of people with a ton of valuable knowledge- and more importantly - the willingness to share that knowledge. Have a safe and happy one, everybody! :D

vrkSVX 12-24-2007 07:13 AM

Our very best to everyone on this site for a joyous holiday. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to the helpful and truly nice people who frequent this site.

Rosemarie and Victor

Hocrest 12-24-2007 07:20 AM

Merry Christmas to all. Hopefully your new year is filled with health and prosperity.

Speedklix 12-24-2007 07:23 AM

Merry Christmas Everyone...
this is funny, it is the FIRST XMas eve, I have not been working my butt off!
I think I'm gonna go take a cruise in the SVX right now!

...or happy "life day" :rolleyes: :lol:

crazyhorse 12-24-2007 07:35 AM

Merry Christmas to my FRIENDS here.
To celebrate I'll give you a good story, that I heard. My gift to you...

Paraphrased from Paul Harvey,

In our modern world we like complex explanations to things. To this end some people can't grasp the simple explanation of God, born as a man, to save us.

There was such a man, who couldn't grasp the simple concept of God, on earth. Now he wasn't a Scrooge, but rather a very good, and decent man.
One Christmas, he felt he couldn't go to the midnight mass with his family, as it made him feel like a hypocrite.
After his family had left it began to snow, very hard. While reading he heard a thump on the picture window, then another. He got up & went to the door to investigate, assuming some kids were throwing snowballs. To his suprise there was a flock of birds, stranded by the heavy snow. They'd been trying to get inside, where it was warm.
This man went out to the barn, opened the door, and turned on the light so the poor birds could find thier way. These birds remained on the front lawn, unable to find the comfort of the warm barn. The man got some bread, and left a trail of crumbs. Even this left the birds unable to find the refuge he'd made for them. The man then tried to capture them, to take them into the place he'd made for them. He could not. Shooing them with arms wide, and making noise, just scattered them to the four winds.
It was then that the man realized the birds were scared of him, and because of that fear they would not follow him. He thiought then, that if he could somehow become one of them, get down on thier level, and speak thier language, then he could get them to follow him into the comfortable place he'd made for them.
At that moment he heard the bells of the church tolling across the landscape. In that moment all became clear, and the man fell to his knees, praying to God

May the holidays bring you the joy & peace promised by the season.

Sid E. Ryner 12-24-2007 07:37 AM

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
God's blessings to All.
sid

Speedklix 12-24-2007 07:39 AM

thanks for the story :) that is a new one for me

Cynic 12-24-2007 07:46 AM

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
It has been wonderful to have this site to turn to for help with my car, and for a laugh or two each day. Thanks to all.
Hoping the holiday season is joyous for you and your families.

Cynthia

In the old days, it was not called the Holiday Season; the Christians called it 'Christmas' and went to church; the Jews called it 'Hanukkah' and went to synagogue; the atheists went to parties and drank.* People passing each other on the street would say 'Merry Christmas!' or 'Happy Hanukkah!'* or (to the atheists) 'Look out for the wall!'* ~Dave Barry

svxfiles 12-24-2007 08:44 AM

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
I hope you all stay safe, and have a great holiday!
Tom

And, yes Paul, that was me.:D

94SubieSVX 12-24-2007 08:54 AM

Merry Christmas everybody,

and may you have happy dAyS of HoLI

:D

svxfiles 12-24-2007 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94SubieSVX (Post 517384)
Merry Christmas everybody,

and may you have happy dAyS of HoLI

:D

See! I TOLD you that concussions were easy to get!:D

RSVX 12-24-2007 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorSVXette (Post 517368)
I know I am a day early but I wanted to cheat a little and be the first:). I just wanted to wish my "new " family a Merry Christmas. I have only owned this car for a few months and you guys and girls on this network have been great! I currently own a 69 Corvette that I bought in 1979 and love that car and will never get rid of it. I never thought I would feel that way about another car until I bought this one. I now have another car I will never get rid of. Tom( svxfiles), I think you called the other night,( wife was not sure) to wish me a Merry Christmas. Thank you. The best to you and your family, AND EVERY ONE ELSE ON THIS NETWORK!!!!!!!. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!

At least you waited until AFTER Thanksgiving, unlike the rest of the retail world!!!:tard:

nextse7en 12-24-2007 12:03 PM

:repost: Dude, do a search before posting. Someone made this same post last year.

ensteele 12-24-2007 12:26 PM

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to my SVX family. I hope all of your SVXs get great gifts from their families. :)