The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Saw Transformers Last Night (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39590)

SVX-FF 06-29-2007 07:43 AM

Saw Transformers Last Night

I won tickets to see the Harrisburg, PA premier of Transformers. The premier was last night. In the words of my 13 year old daughter "That has got to be the best movie I have ever seen."

This movie had a non-stop action. It was 2 1/2 hours long and I never looked at my watch once. The packed house was really into the movie and cheering for the Autobots.

Anybody that grew up in the 80's, this is a must see movie. I felt like a kid, young kid, all over again. I will go see it again as soon as I can.

Rating 7 out of 5 stars :D
http://www.transformers-movie-buzz.c...t-z3r9yv6i.jpg

RSVX 06-29-2007 08:06 AM

Yay for me!

http://www.littleboylou.com/images/transtix.JPG

msvx95 07-02-2007 10:12 AM

My buddy at work just bought the game for XBox 360 and he says you can go anywhere and do anything. I can't wait to see the movie and play the game!

Kelvin 07-02-2007 01:06 PM

GM thanks you for sitting through 2 hours of its advertising.

RSVX 07-02-2007 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelvin
GM thanks you for sitting through 2 hours of its advertising.

What about the Mustang?

SVX-FF 07-02-2007 04:27 PM

Lets not forget the USAF;
Pave Low, A-10, F22 Raptor, Predator

The Army;
One bad ass tank, and a mine sweeper.

I do not care about the advertising, it was a totally kick ass movie.

Steve

Kelvin 07-02-2007 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSVX
What about the Mustang?

Oh that's right, there was ONE non-GM vehicle in the entire 2 hour movie. Silly me. :mad:

I'm not seeing this movie. I think it'll be more annoying than the chase scene in the Matrix Reloaded, where EVERY freaking vehicle is GM this or GM that, all shiny and new. The only cars in that movie that weren't GM were really old and decrepid. Product placement at it's worst.

Kelvin 07-02-2007 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVX-FF
Lets not forget the USAF;
Pave Low, A-10, F22 Raptor, Predator

He Army;
One bad ass tank, and a mine sweeper.

I do not care about the advertising, it was a totally kick ass movie.

Steve

Those aren't cars.

nonSTOP_service 07-02-2007 11:34 PM

Quote:

Oh that's right, there was ONE non-GM vehicle in the entire 2 hour movie. Silly me. :mad:

I'm not seeing this movie. I think it'll be more annoying than the chase scene in the Matrix Reloaded, where EVERY freaking vehicle is GM this or GM that, all shiny and new. The only cars in that movie that weren't GM were really old and decrepid. Product placement at it's worst.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but product placement at it's worst would be driving a vehicle with it's own brand plastered all over it.

Right?

So go pry those subaru badges off your car, then come *****.

By the way, movie was a lot of fun. If something as simple as a car brand can ruin a movie for you... Well then which one of use really bought into product placement?

Kelvin 07-03-2007 01:48 AM

Actually my SVX has no subaru hood badge, and the rear taillight is cleared.

Anyway, it isn't the car brand ruining it, it's blatent abuse of the concept of product placement. It would bother me if it was subaru, ferrari, or any other marque..... having an entire movie's world comprised of only ONE type of car detracts from the realism, and distracts me from the movie itself.

nonSTOP_service 07-03-2007 01:52 AM

Quote:

lol, pics or it didn't happen

But hey, suit yourself, if you're worried about brand placement subtracting from the realism of a movie about giant transforming robots from outer space you should probably just avoid it all together. :p

RSVX 07-03-2007 05:30 AM

Quote:

Anyway, it isn't the car brand ruining it, it's blatent abuse of the concept of product placement. It would bother me if it was subaru, ferrari, or any other marque..... having an entire movie's world comprised of only ONE type of car detracts from the realism, and distracts me from the movie itself.

You haven't seen the movie. So you clearly cannot make an educated statement on it's content. So the main character 'cars' are GM... I would all but guaruntee there are other makes/models in the movie. In fact, I watched the Making of on HBO, and already know this is a fact.;)

I suppose you hated RoboCop... LOL:D

With some of the statements that I have seen you make on the forums here, I see that you are one to take what is fed to you instead of actually researching the topic for yourself. And then spout blanket statements there-after.:(

nonSTOP_service 07-03-2007 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSVX
You haven't seen the movie. So you clearly cannot make an educated statement on it's content. So the main character 'cars' are GM... I would all but guaruntee there are other makes/models in the movie. In fact, I watched the Making of on HBO, and already know this is a fact.;)

I suppose you hated RoboCop... LOL:D

With some of the statements that I have seen you make on the forums here, I see that you are one to take what is fed to you instead of actually researching the topic for yourself. And then spout blanket statements there-after.:(

Have you seen it yet RSVX? I caught an advanced screening that was only supposed to be for theatre employee's. It was at 8:00pm last night. :D

100% high octane fun friend.

RSVX 07-03-2007 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonSTOP_service
Have you seen it yet RSVX? I caught an advanced screening that was only supposed to be for theatre employee's. It was at 8:00pm last night. :D

100% high octane fun friend.

No, I haven't yet. I have purchased my tickets already though (see pic earlier in this thread), and I will see it at high noon on July 4th. I would go today, but work owns me.

msvx95 07-03-2007 05:43 AM

It shouldn't matter what manufacturer is in the movie...(I'll never buy GM again with the problems my silverado has had), but Transformers RULE!!