The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Auuuuuuugh!!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42125)

crazyhorse 12-01-2007 08:34 PM

Auuuuuuugh!!!

CURSE YOU TRANNY GODS!!
http://www.thespiderawards.com/spide...bp-anguish.jpg

They've struck! I have reverse, 1st & 2nd gears, no other drive in any gear. You'd think that 4 cars in the driveway would be insurance against car failures. Well I'm batting .250. Of the cars in my driveway, only my Pinto is currently operational.:barf:

NikFu S. 12-01-2007 08:44 PM

I feel your pain x2.

jeffast 12-02-2007 02:10 AM

that sucks let me know if i can help.
also
though this may be shallow and childish, or maybe it's the fact that it's 2:30 am, but "tranny gods" made me laugh for a bit

SilverSpear 12-02-2007 02:36 AM

I have experienced tranny failures myself. Because we didn't have the right tools to take out the tranny easily, I required assistance of 3 other persons.

With an organized dissection procedure and parts labeling, the process was extremely easy. The parts are 100% off the Pathfinder, even the belt!
Each disc costed me around $3 and the belt was around $20 (if I still remember correctly).

I dunno if I can suggest that, or even you are or a friend of yours is handy enough to help you out, I think you can pull it successfully, yourself. Patience and organization is crucial.

Again, the biggest challenge is removing the heavyweight tranny from the car :eek:

I just wished I could have a done a How-To of my process, it would have helped a lot... :o

huck369 12-02-2007 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyhorse (Post 512333)
CURSE YOU TRANNY GODS!!

They've struck! I have reverse, 1st & 2nd gears, no other drive in any gear. You'd think that 4 cars in the driveway would be insurance against car failures. Well I'm batting .250. Of the cars in my driveway, only my Pinto is currently operational.:barf:

Paul,
I have a Subaru Rebuilt stock SVX tranny up here that came out of my Yellow one from when I did the 5-speed....e-mail me if you want it.

Sorry to hear that....but 240k on the original tranny is something to brag about anyway....;)

crazyhorse 12-03-2007 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffast (Post 512395)
that sucks let me know if i can help.
also
though this may be shallow and childish, or maybe it's the fact that it's 2:30 am, but "tranny gods" made me laugh for a bit

That's ok Jeff, that was the idea behind my post. If you can't laugh at yourself who the heck can ya laugh at?

Trevor 12-03-2007 03:43 PM

If details are posted regarding. how, when and under what circumstances the fault started or developed, some assistance could be forthcoming. :rolleyes::D

Hocrest 12-03-2007 03:44 PM

That sucks Paul :(

I've been there.... 4 or 5 times (I've lost track :rolleyes: )

What's wrong with the Legacy?

crazyhorse 12-03-2007 04:07 PM

Thanks y'all.
It started last week, 4th gear wouldn't hold power under 2000rpm. I religiously drove in 3rd anyways, so I never REALLY thought much of it. Then friday I was on the four-lane coming back from Bristol, and it'd just barely hold power over 80mph, this time I thought about it & drove on home in 3rd @ 65. Saturday, my wife drove it to town, again in 3rd. We got in it later that evening & 3rd was gone, she said it acted sorta strange, but her being nervous about any cars, I figured I'd see when we left. Well I saw!! & REALLY didn't like what I saw.
Fluid is full & fairly clean, looks to be a year or so old. No burnt smells.

Hocrest, the Leggy was bitten by the EJ25 HG gods.

Trevor 12-03-2007 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyhorse (Post 512707)
Thanks y'all.
It started last week, 4th gear wouldn't hold power under 2000rpm. I religiously drove in 3rd anyways, so I never REALLY thought much of it. Then friday I was on the four-lane coming back from Bristol, and it'd just barely hold power over 80mph, this time I thought about it & drove on home in 3rd @ 65. Saturday, my wife drove it to town, again in 3rd. We got in it later that evening & 3rd was gone, she said it acted sorta strange, but her being nervous about any cars, I figured I'd see when we left. Well I saw!! & REALLY didn't like what I saw.
Fluid is full & fairly clean, looks to be a year or so old. No burnt smells.

Hocrest, the Leggy was bitten by the EJ25 HG gods.

Do you mean by “would not hold power” that the transmission slips? You mention specific speeds. is the problem RPM or road speed dependent?

By “third is gone”, do you mean that there is now no drive at all in third and presumably in fourth as well?

crazyhorse 12-03-2007 07:48 PM

Exactly Trevor. Third, and fourth act like neutral. If you let off the gas & let the revs match normal for the road speed then step back onto the pedal, the trans will "try" to pull, but it's like a weak clutch, and it just slips.

TomsSVX 12-03-2007 07:53 PM

oof... time to upgrade!!:)

Tom

crazyhorse 12-03-2007 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 512775)
oof... time to upgrade!!:)

Tom

My thoughts EXACTLY!
4.11, or 4.44 here I come!

(Got a line on an Imp sedan...no title *Rubs hands together* PARTS:D)

huck369 12-03-2007 08:31 PM

Paul,
You've got a PM....

crazyhorse 12-04-2007 06:42 PM

Speaking of parts, that was my parts guy....

When God made Huck he broke the mold. The world would be a LOT better if God would make a few more just like him!

Now me, on the other hand God broke the mold again, but he forgot to take me out first ;)