The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   So I entered my SVX in a car show this weekend.... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10534)

Chicane 05-05-2003 10:40 AM

So I entered my SVX in a car show this weekend....

On friday, I washed and waxed my SVX (zymol baby, man it looked nice!). This was just for fun. Friday night, I went to Platteville, WI to visit some friends... saw Xmen2, few other things, twas fun. So saturday morning I wake up and notice there's going to be a car show in Platteville. I figured, hey, the SVX is clean, what the hell. So I go enter. I'm entered in the "IMPORT STOCK" class. I figure I'll either get 1st or 2nd, the only other cars there are a 1998 Mitsu Eclipse, 2 civics, a talon (older), and an integra.

Well. Guess what. Didn't win ANYTHING.

Let me tell you about the car that one FIRST PLACE. Black 1997 Civic DX. 17" chrome rims. Altezza tails. Aftermarket headlights. Huge stereo system. Foglights. Lowering springs.

Um. One question. How the F*CK is that stock!?!??!?!?! To me, stock means STOCK. Apart from my brake rotors, my car IS stock. Same with the eclipse (he won second, and I guess rightly so, his car looked great in silver and all).

So I told some of the people running the show his car wasn't stock earlier in the day, their response?? "Oh it's all in good fun man, he's a good guy, so we let him in that class".

WTF!??! Okay, if you're going to have a car show, and you're going to have catergories with RULES, why even BOTHER with any of that crap if you're not going to adhere to that?

In retrospect, I should have entered hte SVX in the god damn motorcycle class.

>grumbles off<

- Rob

Mr. Pockets 05-05-2003 10:47 AM

Well, hey, then their ignorance of their own rules devalues the award they gave to the guy with the Civic. You're right, that's dumb - but I wouldn't get all bent out of shape over it.

huck369 05-05-2003 10:55 AM

A buddy and I once entered our Motorcycles in a car show, my Perfect 87 Magna, and his Completely restored 1973 Kawasaki Z-1, and an old beat up Harley, the Harley was dirty, rusty and had a large pool of oil under it by the end of the day.....and the Harley got the trophy! Only 3 bikes entered, and the crapiest one wins...I have nothing against Harleys, but this one did NOT need to be in a show, it was junk....but the word Harley must have blinded the judges.:rolleyes:

Chicane 05-05-2003 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
Well, hey, then their ignorance of their own rules devalues the award they gave to the guy with the Civic. You're right, that's dumb - but I wouldn't get all bent out of shape over it.
I guess what bothers me is this:

1. They made rules
2. They don't adhere to them
3. The general public is too stupid to notice.

I'm losing faith in humanity.

- Rob

svx_commuter 05-05-2003 11:18 AM

Bob,

Maybe they know the judges :) and live in town.

John

Chicane 05-05-2003 11:21 AM

The guy with the 'stock' civic was part of the people organizing the show.

So yes, true.

But equally pathetic.

- Rob

PS: The owner was this big buff black guy. Kinda intimidating, but I'm such a prick that I went up to him and told him his car wasn't stock, and explained that since all that stuff is AFTERMARKET, it isn't stock. He claimed he didn't have engine mods, so it was stock. I said that was really dumb, and left. Heh.

FifthElement 05-05-2003 11:27 AM

That's bull****.

Nothing you can do really in tose types of situations aside from *****, moan, and then make sure to have nothing to do with those involved ever again.

wasions 05-05-2003 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chicane

I'm losing faith in humanity.

- Rob

Hmmm.
Me too.
Let's talk.
:D
Just kidding! (again)
Gotcha. (again)
:D :D :D

wasions 05-05-2003 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by wasions

Hmmm.
Me too.
Let's talk.
Just kidding! (again)
Gotcha. (again)
:D :D :D

Yeah, I know . . .
eat me.
Heh.

Earthworm 05-05-2003 03:04 PM

I hope you got his wipers!

(just kidding) :D

DavieGravy 05-05-2003 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Earthworm

Then he probably would have gotten his crack filled. :D

LarryIII 05-05-2003 03:22 PM

To everyone that enters 'beauty contest' car shows please note that they are more fixed than ice skating events.

'Been there & done that.' Plus, lost to non-stock cars in many stock 'beauty contests.'

Rob don't sweat it. Chalk it up to a learning
You washed and waxed your SVX. The only one that the car has to please is you.

FifthElement 05-05-2003 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Earthworm

I'm laughing. Whatever happened to that guy? Cash?

Uncamitzi 05-05-2003 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by FifthElement

:rolleyes: (not rolling eyes...looking up)

deadeye95 05-05-2003 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by FifthElement

I heard a bridge fell somewhere!

Since I painted the top of my SVX with a spray can 6 months ago, it has been sitting in the garage serving as a gasoline storage device. Recharged the battery twice. It's getting difficult - don't drive yours for 6 months and see what I mean. That Porsche SUV looks nice.....