The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   u might be a svxer if.....o.t (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6200)

solarsvx 09-30-2002 11:50 AM

u might be a svxer if.....o.t

we have something like this going on the dsm bb here check it out,

http://www.greenliquid.com:9000/dsm_...4944#post14944

i guess us svxers should put in some coments LOL

Landshark 09-30-2002 05:49 PM

you might be if....

you stop alot to get your bearings

you have a savings account titled "Transmission"

you park the car in the middle of the driveway to let the transmission melt all the snow in winter

you think your windows aren't odd at all

you change your rotors with your pads

you can see in the dark because your eyes have adjusted to the dim, yellowed headlights

hey, i'm here all week folks! don't forget to tip your waitresses and bartender. :D

ok, next comedian can add to the list......

LarryIII 09-30-2002 06:03 PM

You are an SVXer

If you can pronounce Alcyone

If you know what an H6 is.

If you can tell that the wheels are on backwards

If your inside Easy Pass transponder, your radar detector, and your garage door opener don't work.

And the number one reason is:

You're an SVXer if you know what Polo Green looks like

lee 09-30-2002 06:41 PM

Larry,

Admitting I'm dumb gets easier and easier as I get older and older....so (with more than a little tongue in cheek):

I know how Webster's wants me to pronounce Alycone, not sure how it comes out when spoken in Japanese - or for that matter how someone who speaks English would say it (in contrast to the American language).

Being from an area not strong in Subarus in general (nearest dealer 75+ miles away), I have to admit I've never see the Polo Green in real life (just net pics). In fact I've only seen Pearlies, Ebony, and whatever the red in '94 was called (Claret? I've led a very sheltered life as you can see).

I can tell "backwards" for the spoked wheels, but I'm wondering if my spare has a preferred side. Do you just put it on backward if it's on the left vice the right - and is the right side the "right" side?

I know what H-6 means, but I don't understand it (flat-six makes sense, but I don't see the H - probably need new glasses). I really am clueless on what configuration from VW produces a W-8 or W-12.

Bwana 09-30-2002 07:02 PM

H = Horizontal, as in horizontally opposed.

The VW engines are basically a combination of two V's...(2 V's) VV = W

Ron Mummert 09-30-2002 08:30 PM

And the number one reason is:

You're an SVXer if you know what Polo Green looks like [/B][/QUOTE]

And furthermore....

You think cupholders are for wimps.

You've enrolled in a college course entitled "Advanced care & maintenance of Escaine Materials - Secrets of the Pros".

At the beach you place a conch shell to your ear & hear... bearing noise!

You take a dozen snapshots of your taillights because the condensation has finally disappeared.

You actually show these snapshots to your inlaws.

And, to borrow one from the DSM club...You know you're a SVXer when your local tranny repair shop calls YOU for advise.

Ron.

Earthworm 09-30-2002 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryIII
If you can tell that the wheels are on backwards
I keep checking OTHER brands of cars to see if their wheels are on backwards but I keep finding that they don't have left & right specific rims at all. In fact I can't think of any other car with left & right specific rims.

Seraph 09-30-2002 10:52 PM

... you are a member of a SEX uh.. I mean SVX club. (An old story to look up if you are a newbie here).
... you can tell the difference between a tranny fluid burning smell and engine oil burning smell without even opening the hood of a car.
... you hear the word "meet" and you have shortness of breath
... you know more about the SVX than the dealer knows about the car
... you memorized the VIN sequence for all trims and years (I have :D )
... when you see another SVX, you stare at the car till the people in the other car run away.
... you met Larry Singer and Randy Johnson and had drinks with them at the BAH!

Next!

Beav 09-30-2002 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Earthworm

I keep checking OTHER brands of cars to see if their wheels are on backwards but I keep finding that they don't have left & right specific rims at all. In fact I can't think of any other car with left & right specific rims.

How about Corvettes? With different widths, front and rear, they are corner-specific.

Seraph 09-30-2002 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Beav

How about Corvettes? With different widths, front and rear, they are corner-specific.

Beav,

What will happen if I put different width tires on the SVX like the vett. Not the size but width.

LarryIII 10-01-2002 04:52 AM

You're a real SVXer if you (this is an old one from the Yahoo Club) :

Hold the keyfob on your chin (forehead, in my case) and then press the button.

Remove an engine part so a Japanese man can sign it, even though you can neither spell nor pronounce his name.

Put a Hawaiian license plate on your car at the next meet.

Write the car's initials backwards on the underside of the spoiler so they reflect in the proper sequence on the highly polished trunk lid.

I rest my case.

solarsvx 10-01-2002 07:14 AM

u might be a svxer if

u see another svx a flip head over hill for it like its the only one

svxcess 10-01-2002 10:03 AM

and have 6 sets of gray factory floor mats, new in wrappers, when your next svx will probably have tan.

jscorse 10-01-2002 10:12 AM

when your heart starts pounding and..

you drive like a crazed punk, weaving around cars and practially running red lights to catch up with a "SIGHTING"

oh...and at the first SNOW you seek out parking lots for a little 'practice' !! Whoo hooo it's October....almost snow season!

solarsvx 10-01-2002 10:56 AM

LMAO jcrose, seek some help.. LOL a little AWD help