The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   some pennyless moron... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12441)

NikFu S. 08-05-2003 04:00 PM

some pennyless moron...

1 Attachment(s)
...put my coinholder in upside down! i guess she (the previous owner is presumed to be female due to the plastic hair barettes and ties i keep finding) didnt care much for coins. where is all my loose change gonna go?? i didnt even know what it was til i saw a picture of hucks and it had quarters or something in it. i tried to put a quarter in and it fell out. i tried to get it out but its stuck.
is there a method i can use without breaking it?

;) i thought the title might actually get someone in this time.:D

NikFu S. 08-05-2003 04:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
hers another pic showing the range of motion.

lee 08-05-2003 04:11 PM

I took mine out to consider putting a tranny temp gauge in the spot. On each side are some "catches" that hold it to the dash. You should be able to insert a flat bladed screwdriver, push in and with a twist or prying action, get it to pop out. Use a cloth around the screwdriver if you're concerned about damage to the material around it.

NikFu S. 08-05-2003 04:44 PM

yeah i tried that minus the twisting and cloth. ill do that next. i really do want to put my coins there though, i go through a lot of 'toll' type booths. parking garages and such.

just thought i should mention ill be populating the chat. just in case. messaging is great but real time is so much better sometimes.

NikFu S. 08-05-2003 09:10 PM

ah sweet success. i just pried it from the outside instead of trying to go in the back. popped right out.
holds 5.50 in quarters which is the exact amount i had.

Phast SVX 08-05-2003 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by lee
I took mine out to consider putting a tranny temp gauge in the spot. On each side are some "catches" that hold it to the dash. You should be able to insert a flat bladed screwdriver, push in and with a twist or prying action, get it to pop out. Use a cloth around the screwdriver if you're concerned about damage to the material around it.
thats were my nitrous arming switch is mounted, had to dremel it out.
:)
phil

CigarJohnny 08-06-2003 06:37 AM

Good Luck!

Quote:

Originally posted by NikFu S.
ah sweet success. i just pried it from the outside instead of trying to go in the back. popped right out.
holds 5.50 in quarters which is the exact amount i had.

That's what you think! lol I've never had coins stay in mine for long. They roll right out of the damned thing on spirited acceleration. I had change all over the floor and console. Very distracting while trying to drive when change is bouncing off the console and riccocheting everywhere. :p Never used it since. It's the poorest design for a coin holder I've ever seen. Can't have everything designed well I guess. :rolleyes:

svx_commuter 08-06-2003 07:34 AM

Re: Good Luck!

Quote:

Originally posted by CigarJohnny
That's what you think! lol I've never had coins stay in mine for long. They roll right out of the damned thing on spirited acceleration. I had change all over the floor and console. Very distracting while trying to drive when change is bouncing off the console and riccocheting everywhere. :p Never used it since. It's the poorest design for a coin holder I've ever seen. Can't have everything designed well I guess. :rolleyes:
Launch those quaters in a hard acellerating right hander. Right into the passenger sitting next to you. HAHA. Maybe upsidedownis the correct position. I don't use any more too. :)

NikFu S. 08-06-2003 05:00 PM

well that sounds fun. but ive never had a coin holder and i want to try it out. i dont usually drive fast unless a truck or something tries to pass me. most people in this town have learned their lesson but there is still fools out there.... =_= ...

perhaps its flawed design is the reason it was inserted upside down?

Earthworm 10-08-2003 07:10 PM

A couple questions:

1. Why was it removed in the first place?

2. How did you pull that panel off as there is supposed to be a bolt behind the coin holder holding that panel on in addition to the clips.

Subafreak 10-08-2003 07:25 PM

It seems as if it's aimed for the drivers side seat rail, it falls right in there never to be seen again. I try not to use it either but if IU put it in my pocket it just slides out on the seat anyway.:mad:

svx_commuter 10-08-2003 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Earthworm
A couple questions:

1. Why was it removed in the first place?

2. How did you pull that panel off as there is supposed to be a bolt behind the coin holder holding that panel on in addition to the clips.

Hi Dave :)

I guess you still have not caught up on your POST reading. Eh? This was 2 months ago. I can't wait to see if you get an answer.

NikFu S. 10-08-2003 09:05 PM

wow, thats old.

im not quite sure how those questions are aimed. read deeper...

Mr. Pockets 10-09-2003 10:13 AM

I never have coins fall out of the holder, but I don't really like to use it, either. If you only have a few in it, they tend to rattle and make a horrible racket.

I'll be pulling mine out - I plan on putting my tranny temp gauge there.

Green1995SVX 10-09-2003 10:56 AM

My seat heater buttons are there. The only problem is i always bump them when i start the car causing the seat to get hot. It really sucks in the summer.

Mike