The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Performance Radiator.. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25174)

blacknite 03-22-2005 11:19 AM

New Performance Radiator..

Please Everybody That Has Installed The New Radiator Give Us A Feedback.

Last Night I Give Electrophil A Call. I Been Having Problems With My Stock Radiator. Since Electro Had His New Radiator Sittin In The Garage, I Figure That We Could Make A Deal, As Far As He Installing His New One And Me Getting The Old One.

We End Up Taking Bout 3 Hour. (that's Because We Were Talking More Than Working)
When We Got The New One Out Of The Box; It Make Me Feel Like Vin Diesel In Fast And The Fourius. When He Was Installing The New Radiator On The Supra.
For Me, It Look Very Nice On The Svx. Plus Since We Live On The Desert We Want To Have A Very Good Cooling System.

Please Make Your Comments And Feeling As Far As That Best Mode For The Svx....

blacknite 03-22-2005 07:02 PM

I Guess No One Else Has Bought Or Install One Of This Radiator. Any Feedbacks???

AFBeefcake 03-22-2005 08:05 PM

I got the radiator, but i have not have time to install it yet.

immortal_suby 03-22-2005 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AFBeefcake
I got the radiator, but i have not have time to install it yet.

Electrophil 03-22-2005 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blacknite
Please Everybody That Has Installed The New Radiator Give Us A Feedback.

Last Night I Give Electrophil A Call. I Been Having Problems With My Stock Radiator. Since Electro Had His New Radiator Sittin In The Garage, I Figure That We Could Make A Deal, As Far As He Installing His New One And Me Getting The Old One.

We End Up Taking Bout 3 Hour. (that's Because We Were Talking More Than Working)
When We Got The New One Out Of The Box; It Make Me Feel Like Vin Diesel In Fast And The Fourius. When He Was Installing The New Radiator On The Supra.
For Me, It Look Very Nice On The Svx. Plus Since We Live On The Desert We Want To Have A Very Good Cooling System.

Please Make Your Comments And Feeling As Far As That Best Mode For The Svx....

Yeah, just installed it last night. A member came over and.... oh... wait a minute..... That was you!!! :eek: :eek: :D :D :D

Hohopirates 03-22-2005 11:09 PM

Radiator

Installed it around a 3 weeks ago, no problems except the radiator cap they send with it leaks. Peach found out that the old cap seals with no leaks so it's no big deal. It works nice, I ran my car at 120 for 15 minutes on 10 two nights ago and still no drips, stayed nice and cool.

Steve

Electrophil 03-22-2005 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hohopirates
Installed it around a 3 weeks ago, no problems except the radiator cap they send with it leaks. Peach found out that the old cap seals with no leaks so it's no big deal. It works nice, I ran my car at 120 for 15 minutes on 10 two nights ago and still no drips, stayed nice and cool.

Steve

What about the cap hitting your hood? It doesn't hit your hood?

SilverSpear 03-22-2005 11:50 PM

Any pics guys of it?

Hohopirates 03-23-2005 12:08 AM

Cap

I put the old one back on, I am refabricating one using the pwr cap and some carbon fiber, I'll show you in San Luis Obispo..heh? I love carbon fiber...
Yeah it "touches" the hood, but not as bad as the PWR cap.

Steve

blacknite 03-23-2005 10:01 AM

In My Point Of View, Is That Is Worth Every Penny, The Aluminum Is Pretty Strong, It Look Like It Was Made For The Svx. There Is No Comparicion With The Oem. Never Really Have Cooling Problems On The Svx. But The Rediator Sucks As Far As Been Made In Some Parts Out Of Plastic. Too Bad I'm Broke Other Wise I Will Buy One Right Away... With The Wrx Hoses..

Dayle Has I Guess An Aftermarkent Radiator. I Seen It On His Site. Have Any Body Has Bought One From Him. And What Is The Difference Besides The Price??? Does Anybody Knows???

Electrophil 03-23-2005 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blacknite
In My Point Of View, Is That Is Worth Every Penny, The Aluminum Is Pretty Strong, It Look Like It Was Made For The Svx. There Is No Comparicion With The Oem. Never Really Have Cooling Problems On The Svx. But The Rediator Sucks As Far As Been Made In Some Parts Out Of Plastic. Too Bad I'm Broke Other Wise I Will Buy One Right Away... With The Wrx Hoses..

Dayle Has I Guess An Aftermarkent Radiator. I Seen It On His Site. Have Any Body Has Bought One From Him. And What Is The Difference Besides The Price??? Does Anybody Knows???

I didn't know he had one! :eek:

Hohopirates 03-23-2005 04:01 PM

Dayle

He doesn't....it's been pending since the dawn of man.....not his fault just no one wanted to take the time.

Steve

Ciscokid 03-23-2005 08:08 PM

I love my PWR.....drove 6 hours on the highway coming home from NJ and not a single problem.

It looks nice too. If I get a chance this weekend I will nsap a pic and put it in my locker.

mikecg 03-24-2005 10:23 AM

Owners!!!!

Hey guy's,

I just talked to PWR about the radiator. They are trying to get ahold of someone with the radiator installed. They have a new cap, up need to test fit it. They want to ship it to you and try it to let them know if it fits. They're not selling anymore radiators until the clarance issue is fix. Someone set something up. I need a radiator and I want one of theres.

Hohopirates 03-24-2005 10:30 AM

Pwr

I'll drive my car there tomorrow, they can see it firsthand.

Steve