The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   glove box light (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10392)

NomadTW 04-29-2003 04:12 PM

glove box light

i'm 99% sure that my glovebox light used to go off when the box was closed, but now it doesn't

what broke!?

lee 04-29-2003 07:50 PM

the switch?

located on the right hand side of the glow box, just below that black plastic arm that stops travel - small black kinda rectangular button.

have to take the glove box interior out (after removing about 17 screws) to get to the switch.

NomadTW 04-29-2003 08:46 PM

damn screw crazy designers, and it still doesn't close easily lol.

so there is a switch, and it's not supposed to be on the whole time right?

lee 04-29-2003 08:58 PM

mine only comes on when the the glove box is open AND the headlights are on, so I guess my answer is "correct".

NomadTW 04-30-2003 11:11 AM

wooo another sensor to fix hurrah:rolleyes:

Mr. Pockets 04-30-2003 01:58 PM

Re: glove box light

Quote:

Originally posted by NomadTW
i'm 99% sure that my glovebox light used to go off when the box was closed, but now it doesn't

what broke!?

Just curious - how do you know that the light doesn't go off when the glovebox is closed?

Aredubjay 04-30-2003 02:12 PM

Re: Re: glove box light

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

Just curious - how do you know that the light doesn't go off when the glovebox is closed?

Ah, another person who experiments with their refrigerator. :D

svx_commuter 05-01-2003 04:56 AM

Re: Re: glove box light

Quote:

I wasn't going to ask. Thanks Nick:D

NomadTW 05-01-2003 07:25 AM

gaps around the seal of the glovebox cast light on the passenger floor when the box is closed, it'd be like cutting a hole in your fridge and then closing the door.

the button still works, so i'm going to probably just do something to make the button actually push in

Mr. Pockets 05-01-2003 08:23 AM

Re: Re: Re: glove box light

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

Ah, another person who experiments with their refrigerator. :D

Well, yeah, I mean I routinely clean out my fridge, remove the shelves and climb inside to make sure that the light turns off when the door is closed. I don't want to waste electricity, after all.

I wanted to do the same in my glovebox, but hadn't yet worked out how to climb inside of it without disconnecting my own head.

Mr. Pockets 05-01-2003 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by NomadTW
gaps around the seal of the glovebox cast light on the passenger floor when the box is closed, it'd be like cutting a hole in your fridge and then closing the door.
I figured it was probably something like that. Thanks.

Aredubjay 05-01-2003 08:25 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: glove box light

Quote:

Well, yeah, I mean I routinely clean out my fridge, remove the shelves and climb inside to make sure that the light turns off when the door is closed. I don't want to waste electricity, after all.

I wanted to do the same in my glovebox, but hadn't yet worked out how to climb inside of it without disconnecting my own head.

It's a good thing you have those default "smilies." Otherwise, after hearing your Elmo dream, I'd likely take you seriously.:eek: :D

Mr. Pockets 05-01-2003 09:13 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: glove box light

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

It's a good thing you have those default "smilies." Otherwise, after hearing your Elmo dream, I'd likely take you seriously.:eek: :D

Well, good - that means the smilies are working. As long as nobody takes me seriously, then nobody will get offended by everything I type anymore...

Aredubjay 05-01-2003 09:54 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: glove box light

Quote:

Well, good - that means the smilies are working. As long as nobody takes me seriously, then nobody will get offended by everything I type anymore...

Now that I'm no longer moderator, I can offend whomever I damned well please, and just let Mike worry about it. :D:D:D:D:D:D

svx_commuter 05-01-2003 12:39 PM

The switch works but does not make contact. I think that sounds familar. The screws that hold the hing need adjustment.