The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Both 92's had brake failure today (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=56928)

Blacky 04-01-2011 06:54 PM

Both 92's had brake failure today

It'd strange how things go!
I got in my Ebony '92 at 6:10 pm to drive home from work. When I pressed the brake to shift into drive the pedal felt mushy.
I installed new calipers, rotors, pads and SS brake lines last summer.
A few minutes later the brake light came on and I stopped and pumped the brakes a few times. Fluid was leaking near the left rear wheel, hopefully just a loose banjo bolt.
30 minutes later my daughter sent me a text to say her pedal had gone to the floor on her '92 Claret and she almost rear ended someone. Fluid was leaking from the line that goes from the drivers side to the passenger side rear brake right in the middle.
My truck is sidelined with a broken frame and her Outback has a major coolant and exhaust leak. Of our 6 vehicles only 1 is useable, my wife's '06 Pontiac Vibe. The '97 SVX is still parked unlicensed waiting for spring.

Gamesy 04-01-2011 07:47 PM

Re: Both 92's had brake failure today

wow thats fkd. umm maybe someone sabotaged the cars?
I remember hearing that with some brake lines SS or not can still corrode through the winter or something.

Blacky 04-02-2011 09:48 AM

I fixed mine today. My new last summer SS brake line burst on the left rear close to where it connects to the hard line. Luckily I had saved the old lines (I'm a pack rat). So the Ebony is back on the road again.
As far as sabotage goes we live 60 miles apart. My daughter lives and works in the Ottawa area and I'm up here at the ski resort.

SVX_MY_BABY 04-02-2011 12:16 PM

Was it a brand name SS line? If so let us know so we can steer clear of that brand.

Blacky 04-02-2011 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVX_MY_BABY (Post 672819)
Was it a brand name SS line? If so let us know so we can steer clear of that brand.

Yes it was...Apex.
I'm going to check on a warranty claim.

Crazy_pilot 04-02-2011 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blacky (Post 672794)
I fixed mine today. My new last summer SS brake line burst on the left rear close to where it connects to the hard line. Luckily I had saved the old lines (I'm a pack rat). So the Ebony is back on the road again.
As far as sabotage goes we live 60 miles apart. My daughter lives and works in the Ottawa area and I'm up here at the ski resort.

We should meet up some time this summer, pending me getting a job locally.

Actually, think there are enough of us between the Toronto/Ottawa/Montreal areas to warrant a meet of some sort?

Gamesy 04-02-2011 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot (Post 672908)
We should meet up some time this summer, pending me getting a job locally.

Actually, think there are enough of us between the Toronto/Ottawa/Montreal areas to warrant a meet of some sort?

i'm all over that too, he's a fun and lax guy when he came by last summer. still funny how much stuff they had loaded in that forester.

There's always the Subaru Canada meet in mississauga in august and there's Budd's subaru meet in june/july

I say we all meet up and drive in together i guarantee noone would suspect a convoy of svxs :D