The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SVX emblems ripped off during movie (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25649)

sicksubie 04-19-2005 07:27 AM

SVX emblems ripped off during movie

I took my girlfriend to see a movie the other night and when I came out someone had thought that it would be a great joke to rip off my SVX logos on the sides above the rear wheels. One came of perfectly clean the other one left behind black sticky crud. Is there a way to clean that stuff off. So then I should be able to just buff it right? Cuz even though one came off cleanly you can still see where they both were if you look closely.

Electrophil 04-19-2005 07:36 AM

I used goo off when mine became faded. Took the black crud off, and not a glimpse of them ever being there.

Electrophil 04-19-2005 07:37 AM

By the way... That sux!! :mad:

sicksubie 04-19-2005 07:51 AM

The one that didn't come off cleanly they must have had a a hard time with it cuz they nearly ripped that panel off. I need to go to Home Depot and get some sort of caulk

GreenMarine 04-19-2005 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sicksubie
The one that didn't come off cleanly they must have had a a hard time with it cuz they nearly ripped that panel off. I need to go to Home Depot and get some sort of caulk

Dude, that is effed up.... Do ya know who did it??? If ya do I suggest giving them a serious beatdown... I don't care how funny they think it is, Ya just DON'T MESS WITH AN SVX!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

sicksubie 04-19-2005 01:26 PM

Believe me if I knew who the guy was he would be most uncomfortable right now. Nobody was around to ask if they saw anything. Lucky for whoever did it, cuz I don't forget things easily. My friends call me a port city cuz I harbor. ;) Oh wait, I don't have any friends

sicksubie 04-19-2005 01:28 PM

I wonder if having BUSH bumperstickers taped to my back side windows had anything to do with it? I do live in Assachusetts after all. :eek:

fl_svx 04-19-2005 01:33 PM

Yes, Goof Off works wonders and you can use it on paint. I use it to remove the sticky mess from my test stickers I make from my car.

SilverSpear 04-20-2005 01:17 AM

Quote:

I took my girlfriend to see a movie the other night and when I came out someone had thought that it would be a great joke to rip off my SVX logos on the sides above the rear wheels. One came of perfectly clean the other one left behind black sticky crud. Is there a way to clean that stuff off. So then I should be able to just buff it right? Cuz even though one came off cleanly you can still see where they both were if you look closely.

i think the one who did this must be a kid, because i am having everyday this problem over here, with the stripes.... i keep beating kids over it.
and you can remove the remainder of the crud by using some polish...

Darksied-X 04-20-2005 04:40 AM

Quote:

I wonder if having BUSH bumperstickers taped to my back side windows had anything to do with it? I do live in Assachusetts after all. :eek:

Ooooh...ouch. Sorry to hear your ride got vadalized. But yeah, I think you may have fingered it out. Doesn't matter which side your on or where you live, it seems like everyday there are more and more extremist nutjobs on both sides who forget that that same freedoms that allow them to have an opinion, also allows other to have a different opinion. This is the exact reason I have no indication of my political standing on any of my cars.:(

Tim 04-20-2005 06:00 AM

I agree... Sorry to hear about the vandalizing :(

I try to keep no stickers on my car at all to avoid drawing any attention (such as bumper stickers with offensive sayings, which president i support even though I dislike them all, audio stickers etc.)

The only stickers I have are my rutgers parking stickers which I hate putting on also.

Earthworm 04-20-2005 02:35 PM

I agree with not using stickers to advertise your car. In fact my car's exterior mods are subtle enough that only SVX owners would notice.

I keep the stereo door closed and park away from other cars when possible.

wynndi 04-20-2005 03:44 PM

WD-40 is the stuff you need. Be sure to wipe clean after you get the goo off.

Than SUX bigtime!

Conn SVX 04-20-2005 05:27 PM

I use WD 40... Anyone know Y they call it WD 40

Darksied-X 04-20-2005 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Luciano
I use WD 40... Anyone know Y they call it WD 40

WD=Water Displacement. 40=???