The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   supercharged EG33?? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13791)

alltrac 10-15-2003 07:55 PM

supercharged EG33??

I was at the local subaru auto dismantlers and I talked to some guys that worked there. They showed me this website that has a supercharged eg33. I dont think it would clear our hoods? is this A legit picture? TIY

immortal_suby 10-15-2003 07:58 PM

Yes it's legit - it is in some sort of dune buggy. I don't know the link but it has been posted here before.

alltrac 10-15-2003 08:01 PM

should I keep it a secret?

wawazat?? 10-15-2003 08:01 PM

Here you go

http://www.lola332.com/subaru.htm

I spoke to the guy a while back about this when I first posted the picture. Told me he was getting 550hp out of the engine with the supercharger. He wanted $3500 for the manifold and supercharger. Of course it needed lower CR pistons, higher rate fuel injectors, engine management, removal of AC and relocation of alternator.......

It shore is purty tho!

Todd

alltrac 10-15-2003 08:02 PM

I emailed them to ask how much.

alltrac 10-15-2003 08:03 PM

And a bigger hood

Bwana 10-15-2003 09:33 PM

and a tranny that can handle that power...

Porter 10-16-2003 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bwana
and a tranny that can handle that power...
Any of the Impreza automatic transmissions can handle it.

The Easy Street ESX drag car put down 485hp on our dyno without nitrous.. they hit it with a 200 shot of nitrous on the drag strip and are turning 9.6s quarter mile times in a WRX with full factory glass, a full interior, and a stereo. They're putting all 600+hp through a standard 1995 Impreza automatic with a manual valve body.

The automatics are tough... it's heat that is the problem in the SVX.

drivemusicnow 10-16-2003 01:09 PM

so how bout the first person on this forum to win the lotto buys superchargers for the rest of us:D :D :D ... that would be SOOOO sweet. i wouldn't even mind not having airconditioning:D

solarsvx 10-17-2003 07:16 AM

i want one i want one !!!!!

im shure u can run a bigger pulley so u can run lower boost . thus not needing all the internal building for it, svx engine should handle 5-6 psi on stock internals,

benebob 10-20-2003 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Porter

Any of the Impreza automatic transmissions can handle it.

The Easy Street ESX drag car put down 485hp on our dyno without nitrous.. they hit it with a 200 shot of nitrous on the drag strip and are turning 9.6s quarter mile times in a WRX with full factory glass, a full interior, and a stereo. They're putting all 600+hp through a standard 1995 Impreza automatic with a manual valve body.

The automatics are tough... it's heat that is the problem in the SVX.

The Easy Street guys were just here. It isn't quite a standard Impreza auto. It has SVX gears in it. They had it out and sitting on the bench going over some tech stuff. Of course it gets rebuilt a couple times a year too.

Bwana 10-21-2003 10:35 AM

What about...for the hood...the indentation in the middle was reversed? (You know...how over the wheel wells the hood pops up a bit...just reverse it, and have the middle pop up higher then the wheel wells..kinda of like a very wide cowl hood.)

Would probably give an extra 2-3" under the middle part of the hood, dont you think?

Porter 10-21-2003 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by benebob

The Easy Street guys were just here. It isn't quite a standard Impreza auto. It has SVX gears in it. They had it out and sitting on the bench going over some tech stuff. Of course it gets rebuilt a couple times a year too.

I'm aware of what they have in it, as I helped them figure out the feasibility of using an SVX final drive front and rear.

When they were here running on the dyno they were using the stock Impreza/Legacy final drive of 4.11, which had great acceleration but lacked top end.

They're currently running the same '95 Impreza auto box with an SVX differential in front and a 3.545 diff (not sure from what) in the rear. It may be their standard WRX viscous unit from the "takeoff" shelf, in fact it probably is.

Anyway, my point is they're not running SVX gears in it unless they've made some major revision to the housing in the past few weeks. The last time I talked to them they still hadn't touched the tranny internals.

Monstersuby 01-02-2004 06:25 AM

Just to let you guys know I am currently working on a supercharger kit that fits under the hood and uses an intercooler also. I will try to keep the information coming. By the way it will also be able to be tuned off too (electric Clutch).

CigarJohnny 01-02-2004 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bwana
What about...for the hood...the indentation in the middle was reversed? (You know...how over the wheel wells the hood pops up a bit...just reverse it, and have the middle pop up higher then the wheel wells..kinda of like a very wide cowl hood.)

Would probably give an extra 2-3" under the middle part of the hood, dont you think?

Why not a great big shaker scoop showing off that huffer??? :D Or better yet, just cut out the hood where the blower would make contact with it? That would look pretty mean while intruding on the lines of the car the least. :cool:

-Johnny