The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   we have the best sunsets.... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12329)

Motorsport-SVX 07-31-2003 02:07 AM

we have the best sunsets....

1 Attachment(s)
Im serious, Az has the best sunsets......
if you dont believe me, for the past few weeks this is pretty much what we see every evening (esp with the rains in the afternoon..)

Motorsport-SVX 07-31-2003 02:08 AM

must of taken a dozen pics

1 Attachment(s)
lasted a good 30 minutes......

SVX10 07-31-2003 05:42 AM

Yes...I definately miss those southwestern sunsets. The sunrise too. Driving to work in Stanfield at 6:30am during sunrise was great. Out in the middle of nowhere doing 80 in the SVX watching a beautiful sunrise. That's about the only thing worth getting up at 6:00 for :D

Andy 07-31-2003 09:14 AM

Re: we have the best sunsets....

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by Motorsport-SVX
if you dont believe me, for the past few weeks this is pretty much what we see every evening (esp with the rains in the afternoon..)

Naa, 2nd best!! :D

Motorsport-SVX 07-31-2003 02:12 PM

okay....

thats pretty nice sunset.......

Chicane 07-31-2003 02:42 PM

Meh. You haven't been to the florida Keys.

- Rob

oab_au 07-31-2003 05:11 PM

Re: we have the best sunsets....

Quote:

Originally posted by Motorsport-SVX

Are you sure, that is not the last of the fires:) Makes a nice change doesn't it.

Harvey.
;)

lee 07-31-2003 05:12 PM

Re: Re: we have the best sunsets....

Quote:

Originally posted by Andy

Naa, 2nd best!! :D

I claim foul. Andy I think you cheated by showing beautiful scenery too. Inordinately sways the voters.

I might have entered the sunset category too, but the weather people are predicting afternoon thunderstorms every day for the next week so all you see is angry gray at night fall.

In return I'm going to claim the best sunrises. I'll try to take a photo on my way to work tomorrow (and it will probably be a sucky day - just for me claiming Andy cheated :D ).

NikFu S. 07-31-2003 05:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
at the top of the world sunsets last for hours. the surrounding mountains clip it off and give us nothing but beautiful scenery. check out the optical illusion on the horizon.
in arizona the sunsets definitely were more colorful though.

Motorsport-SVX 07-31-2003 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by NikFu S.
at the top of the world sunsets last for hours. the surrounding mountains clip it off and give us nothing but beautiful scenery. check out the optical illusion on the horizon.

Your in Ak, that doesnt count :mad: :mad:
boy would I love to visit up there, everyone I know
whos gone loves it and cant stop talking about it.
Even have a few friends who live up there..
Sunsets, bald eagles, moose's all over the place...
and some kick ass glaciers.!!:) :)

Phast SVX 07-31-2003 09:51 PM

im sad, becuase ive never been to ANY of these places. I really need to stop spending on the car and see somehwer, i really really would like to see my motherland(80% irish)
phil

Andy 08-01-2003 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Phast SVX
im sad, becuase ive never been to ANY of these places. I really need to stop spending on the car and see somehwer, i really really would like to see my motherland(80% irish)
phil

I find Eire a bit too scary for me. (Mother-in-law lives there)

Quote:

Originally posted by NikFu S.

Looks like a screenshot fron Sudden Impact. I didn't realise that the sea was on a slope up there, must be great for surfing.

lee 08-01-2003 01:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OK, this morning wasn't the best, but here's my entry for best sunrise - will try again if I get competitors.

I stuck my SVX into the shot - hoping for brownie points from the voters. Sorry for the distracting reflections from the handicap signs- good thing no cops came while I was parked across a couple of slots - did mean I had to hurry though.

JLittell 08-01-2003 04:08 PM

Nothern Arizona, Southern Utah, and Southwestern Colorado is the place for Sunsets. I would move there in a heartbeat if I could...just for the sunsets!

Motorsport-SVX 08-01-2003 08:32 PM

very nice

Quote:

Originally posted by lee
OK, this morning wasn't the best, but here's my entry for best sunrise - will try again if I get competitors.

I stuck my SVX into the shot - hoping for brownie points from the voters. Sorry for the distracting reflections from the handicap signs- good thing no cops came while I was parked across a couple of slots - did mean I had to hurry though.

our sun just pops up over a mt I think, its up WAY
sooner then I get up.....
There was a day when I would see the sunrise......
after a Loooooooooong nite out and I was coming home
from the nite before, haha
If I had an ocean directly east of me I think Id make time to
get up early to see it....thats nice!