The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Colorado Sighting Thread (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9579)

JLittell 03-26-2003 09:55 PM

Colorado Sighting Thread

Saw a 92-96 greenish (it was very dirty:) ) SVX broken down on the side of the road in front of the Drury Inn hotel on E. Dry Creek Road/ I-25 in Englewood today. Actually this was the second day in a row I spotted it. It had the florescent green tag on the antennae. Looked like it was going to be towed?? I though about stopping and putting the "SVX Club Card" on the windshield. I didn't think it would be the right thing to do especially for an owner who has a stranded SVX. Almost a slap in the face! I hope it wasn't anyone here!

I could of used some parts off of it though!:D

JLittell 03-27-2003 10:30 AM

Actually it was a black SVX. There was a cop behind it this morning.

RRX 03-28-2003 06:22 AM

I heard about that one

My friend told me about that one yesterday. He said it's a black one just sitting on the side of the road. He drives by it everyday. Im pretty sure its the same one. I work up in the tech center as also...just further up north.

MNYPNNY 03-28-2003 12:19 PM

I had an unusual sighting today. Our town is disproportionately full of SVXes. Unfortunately, most of the owners are either too stuck up or they think they just have a car. There's only 4 of us in town who are on the network and actually get together once in a while.

Anyway.......
I pulled up to a stoplight this morning and noticed another car at the light getting ready to turn left in front of me. I thought, is that an SVX? Nah.... Then when she turned I realized that it was an SVX, only probably the dirtiest one I'd ever seen. It was a pearly with no spoiler and had Indiana plates I believe (does IN have plates with a red band at the top, white in the middle and blue on the bottom?). Car looked like it had been driven there and back without so much as a nod at a car wash. Strange to see SVXes in town with plates other than CO.

~~Michelle

sfsvx 03-28-2003 02:00 PM

Re: Colorado Sighting Thread

Quote:

Originally posted by JLittell
Saw a 92-96 greenish (it was very dirty:) ) SVX broken down on the side of the road in front of the Drury Inn hotel on E. Dry Creek Road/ I-25 in Englewood today. Actually this was the second day in a row I spotted it. It had the florescent green tag on the antennae. Looked like it was going to be towed?? I though about stopping and putting the "SVX Club Card" on the windshield. I didn't think it would be the right thing to do especially for an owner who has a stranded SVX. Almost a slap in the face! I hope it wasn't anyone here!

I could of used some parts off of it though!:D

When I was living in Germany, a BMW 2002tii broke down on the side of the road and was there for several days. Every day there was something else broken into or removed. Finally the entire car disappeared - I don't know if that was because the owner finally had it towed or the thieves finally took it completely apart.
:(

JLittell 03-28-2003 04:21 PM

Now that's a clever way of getting stranded cars removed off the streets. :D

JLittell 04-28-2003 07:22 PM

University Blvd/ S. Dry Creek Road- Littleton, CO.

Saw a good looking Blue '92- '96 SVX in the southeast parking lot of Albertsons grocery shopette today in Littleton, CO.. This SVX had a sun deflector (maybe an employee of one of the surrounding stores?), and had tinted windows. This is the 2nd time I've seen this particular SVX! I gave them the infamous elaminated club card. Maybe it's someone in here??

JLittell 06-30-2003 04:06 PM

Saw a white SVX "For Sale" in the Conifer HWY 285 area. Not too sure what the asking price is?? Anyone in here?

ensteele 06-30-2003 04:09 PM

Re: University Blvd/ S. Dry Creek Road- Littleton, CO.

Quote:

Originally posted by JLittell
Saw a good looking Blue '92- '96 SVX in the southeast parking lot of Albertsons grocery shopette today in Littleton, CO
They didn't make the Laguna Blue until 1994. :)

RRX 06-30-2003 09:46 PM

I spotted two SVX's today. A teal one driving down Orchard/Arapahoe road intersection and One in Montbello parked in the garage on a corner house off of Maxwell.

DavieGravy 06-30-2003 09:51 PM

I saw a burgundy red for sale last week. It was sat in a dirt parking lot at about Wadsworth and, I dunno, 15th? I stopped and looked at it. It was in VERY good condition. Nice leather, 110k. The price on the for sale sing was $7400. Don't know the year though.

driverdave 07-01-2003 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by DavieGravy
I saw a burgundy red for sale last week. It was sat in a dirt parking lot at about Wadsworth and, I dunno, 15th? I stopped and looked at it. It was in VERY good condition. Nice leather, 110k. The price on the for sale sing was $7400. Don't know the year though.
I saw a red (not burgundy) one in that same area, back in Feb. some time. It was around 13th and Wadsworth. Could still be the same one....what I call red you call burgundy?

ensteele 07-01-2003 11:44 AM

The colors are Barcelona Red (93 & 94), Brilliant Red (95-97). The other two colors are: Claret (92), and Bordeaux Pearl (94-97) All you have to do now is figure out the year and whether it is red or purple. :D

DavieGravy 07-01-2003 02:15 PM

Or you could just call them either light red, dark red, or just plain red. :D This one was dark red. That's the color terminology I use.

Paxton71 08-06-2003 07:55 AM

Sighting in Aurora

Last night I saw a red one with a bunch of kids -er young people, in it on Parker Road 9:40-9:42.

I was in the little red 4runner that cut you off. *laughs*
I really didn't know that lane ended.