The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   This is nuts. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9218)

LarryIII 03-10-2003 04:54 AM

This is nuts.

This morning I tried to post a reply to a message on my work computer. The little box camwe up that told me that I ewas not a member. I tried logging-in using the password that Colin gave me about a month ago. That didn't work. The little box kept telling me that that wasn't the correct password. I tried it about 6 times with the same result. Then I tried my previous password. That didn't work either.
I finally e-mailed Colin and asked him to reset my password. Then I went back to read the posts. IAbout 20 sec. later I came across one of my replys. The spelling needed correction so I clicked on the edit button, fixed the spelling and submitted it. Lo & behold, it worked. Ito test the link I posted a reply. It also worked. I know Colin has not yet reset my password.
GO FIGURE ???? :confused: :confused:

The only thing that I can think of is that the Message 40 Gremlin from the Yahoo SVX Club has a "friend" over here.

svx_commuter 03-10-2003 07:12 AM

I have not been able to vote in poll three times now. It says I am not logged in but I can post and edit.

Not as bad as your problem.:(

I guess your problem was not as easy as being login to two different computers at the same time? When I use the computer at the library I have to remember to logoff when I leave or else the cookies are stored in that machine.

John

Earthworm 03-11-2003 10:05 PM

My suggestions are to:

1. delete autocomplete history on forms & passwords
2. delete cookies
3. delete temporary Internet files
4. upgrade IE or try a different browser like Mozilla or Opera.

(in that order)

Larry, are you dialing into AT&T WorldNet and getting these problems? There's always a chance that if you call in for tech support you would end up talking to me. :p

LarryIII 03-12-2003 04:47 AM

David,

I've never called ATT about problems on the Network. My ATT works fine for other sites so I just figured that it was a Network problem. There are no kids in the house and the cats are not too computer literate, so I have the cheap ($10.95/mo.) ATT access plan. I don't use the internet at home that much so I don't think $20+ a month is worth it for us. Besides the extra $10/month can add up to a good steak dinner at the Hotel DuPont once a year (say on Rosie's b'day). ....

"Waiter send the wine steward over. Sir, I specifically asked for Chateau Lafette- 1964. I don't believe that the '64 came in a box."

Earthworm 03-12-2003 09:10 PM

Actually it's probably not a good idea to call in on that plan. It only has the first 30 days for free tech support and after that it's $17 per issue to the Helplink department.

(I do that support as well)