The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Beav ! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12913)

Trevor 09-01-2003 11:20 PM

Beav !

Beav has been the ultimate authority on this site. He has given advice with absolute courtesy, making sure he was not over riding other opinion or acting in a patronising manner. I value his advice and judgement as many others must do. He IS missed.

Where are you Beav, your friends are missing you ?

Sincerely, Trevor *<)

P.S. This thread IS core SVX stuff and I have given no cosideration to posting in " Not Exactly ". Beav is part of the SVX community.

Landshark 09-02-2003 05:37 AM

i was wondering that, too. i hope everything is alright, and he is just busy making money.

not only has Beav helped me out many times with technical stuff, but he cracked me up pretty regularly. i miss his sense of humor.

Aredubjay 09-02-2003 08:15 AM

Trevor, I agree. Haven't heard much from him since he moved into his new house. If he doesn't respond soon, I'll call his shop to make sure he's still gainfully employed and in good shape.

Cheers y'all!

immortal_suby 09-02-2003 09:57 AM

He's still on IM alot and I do see him checking in here but haven't seen a post in a while.

lee 09-02-2003 01:53 PM

I have exchanged a PM or two with him. He's still around...still has his SVX...his advice is greatly missed by me as well. I have never met anyone like Beav who could perform an unerring diagnostic just from the misc ramblings many of us post (OK, that I post anyway).

I got the idea that he has a real life now in contrast to guys like me who spend too much time on the computer (according to my wife anyway):D

SHISVX 09-02-2003 02:16 PM

that is true...but then again, a lot of the old time members who have been here for a while have been scarce lately :( you actually don't have to sit for hours reading new news...just a few posts here and there...is it because it is summer? and everyone is out and about?

Kelli

Mr. Pockets 09-02-2003 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SHISVX
that is true...but then again, a lot of the old time members who have been here for a while have been scarce lately :( you actually don't have to sit for hours reading new news...just a few posts here and there...is it because it is summer? and everyone is out and about?

Kelli

Some of us (me, anyway) have just been unemployed. ;)

Amber and I moved into our new house in Sunday and the movers came with our stuff today. Today is also my first day at my new job.

So far, so good. :D

I've missed my SVX. I brought it down here a week early so I didn't have to worry about putting it on a trailer or anything. Now I'll wait to go pick it up from my friend's house until I have the garage settled and cleaned. I spent about six hours cleaning and waxing the car a couple weeks ago, so I'm not going to put it in a dirty garage. :D

A bunch of guys here at my new job are into autocrossing. A couple WRXs, an Eclipse and even an STi. I just talked to a guy who is test-driving an Evo tonight. The Justy will look a little...odd...next to them at the next event. :p

Aredubjay 09-02-2003 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

Some of us (me, anyway) have just been unemployed. ;)

Amber and I moved into our new house in Sunday and the movers came with our stuff today. Today is also my first day at my new job.

So far, so good. :D

I've missed my SVX. I brought it down here a week early so I didn't have to worry about putting it on a trailer or anything. Now I'll wait to go pick it up from my friend's house until I have the garage settled and cleaned. I spent about six hours cleaning and waxing the car a couple weeks ago, so I'm not going to put it in a dirty garage. :D

A bunch of guys here at my new job are into autocrossing. A couple WRXs, an Eclipse and even an STi. I just talked to a guy who is test-driving an Evo tonight. The Justy will look a little...odd...next to them at the next event. :p

Nick,
I thought about you this weekend. Went past Champaign on our way to Minneapolis. Hope all is going well.

Trevor 09-02-2003 10:05 PM

Thanks all.

What we need now is for Beav to burst onto this thread with some of his old time jokes and quotes and we will all be happy.

We want Beav, we want Beav, we want Beav ----------------------- cont.

ensteele 09-02-2003 10:12 PM

Like they always say "absence makes the heart grow fonder!" Well, it sounded good anyway. :rolleyes:

Mr. Pockets 09-03-2003 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

Nick,
I thought about you this weekend. Went past Champaign on our way to Minneapolis. Hope all is going well.

Thanks, Randy - that's awful sweet of you. Give me a call on your way back and we can have lunch or dinner or something, if you like.

Aredubjay 09-03-2003 09:45 AM

Quote:

Thanks, Randy - that's awful sweet of you. Give me a call on your way back and we can have lunch or dinner or something, if you like.

I'm already back. Didn't take the same route home that I took to MN, so, I didn't come close to your locale. Still, it's not that far away. We'll have to get together. Perhaps at Autofest. It'll be closer to you now. :D

Mr. Pockets 09-03-2003 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

I'm already back. Didn't take the same route home that I took to MN, so, I didn't come close to your locale. Still, it's not that far away. We'll have to get together. Perhaps at Autofest. It'll be closer to you now. :D

AutoFest is, indeed, closer now. So is the USGP, which I have yet to attend. This year the championship is really close, so even if I have to go by myself, I guess I'll do that. Because it looks like, again, I have nobody to go with.

Unfortunately, the USGP and AutoFest fall on the same weekend AGAIN. The good news: this won't be the case starting next year! The USGP as been moved to June!

Anyway, if it looks like I can't go to the USGP, I'll try to determine it in time to make plans to do AutoFest again.

montypython 09-03-2003 06:28 PM

Quote:

........... So is the USGP, which I have yet to attend. This year the championship is really close, so even if I have to go by myself, I guess I'll do that. Because it looks like, again, I have nobody to go with.

Hey!!! I invited you to tag along with us last year, and the same goes this year.
We're not a bad group of weirdo's. Two Brits, Two Scots, Two Cheeseheads, and two down and out NASCAR fans who have no idea why they go except that it's at Indy:confused:
You and I had some different views on the new regs (not all of which have been adopted yet), but I think the qualifying format has really spiced up the season, plus Ferarri's troubles, mostly with tires I think.
Let me know:cool:

Mr. Pockets 09-04-2003 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by montypython

Hey!!! I invited you to tag along with us last year, and the same goes this year.
We're not a bad group of weirdo's. Two Brits, Two Scots, Two Cheeseheads, and two down and out NASCAR fans who have no idea why they go except that it's at Indy:confused:
You and I had some different views on the new regs (not all of which have been adopted yet), but I think the qualifying format has really spiced up the season, plus Ferarri's troubles, mostly with tires I think.
Let me know:cool:

I'd be glad to tag along with you, Colin - but I don't have a ticket yet. I'd be 'tagging along' until we got to the speedway - when I'd have to go find my 'groundling' seat. :D

As for the regs, they did their job. I don't think they were entirely necessary - Michelin caught up well enough on their own.