The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   MOD Mania (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Gauges Question HELP (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29459)

Shadabob 11-07-2005 12:47 AM

Gauges Question HELP

Okay did a search and read through but couldn't find it

I got everything pulled, but how do you get the white gauges over the needs for the speedo and tac, since the needles stick out on both sides?

Grr...so frustrating thank you

SilverSpear 11-07-2005 01:10 AM

As far as I did, I removed the needles, installed the gauges and putted them back. But make sure and be very precise how you get your needles back into their right place to read right measurements...

Shadabob 11-07-2005 02:09 AM

Thanks, I tried taking the neetles out, but am having issues. How hard are they? Do the just back out?

I gave up not wanting to mess things up and put it all back together, for now. Funny thing was my Car wouldn't start and it was really pissing me off. Does anyone know what could have caused it? I let it sit a bit then it fired up after lots of "coaxing" (swearing, I mean) and then it drove fine.

As far as the previous spots for the needles, shouldn't that only matter for the gas guage? How exact does the previous mark on the gas guage need to be :o ? I put it where I think it was and filled up the tank. It reads full but can it mess up very easy?

Thank you!!

SilverSpear 11-07-2005 03:21 AM

I told you be very careful about the needles position... as for my gas needle, when i installed back the whole thing, i lowered it a little bit to read a lower figure. WHY? because i need to control my refueling before it approaches to (E)

msvx95 11-08-2005 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadabob
Thanks, I tried taking the neetles out, but am having issues. How hard are they? Do the just back out?

I gave up not wanting to mess things up and put it all back together, for now. Funny thing was my Car wouldn't start and it was really pissing me off. Does anyone know what could have caused it? I let it sit a bit then it fired up after lots of "coaxing" (swearing, I mean) and then it drove fine.

As far as the previous spots for the needles, shouldn't that only matter for the gas guage? How exact does the previous mark on the gas guage need to be :o ? I put it where I think it was and filled up the tank. It reads full but can it mess up very easy?

Thank you!!

They are spring loaded....before you remove them, figure out where they rest by slightly lifting the needle tip over the little needle rests near "0". Then let the needle move to where it stops........mine pointed directly down. After that you can take a small screwdriver and carefully pry them off...They come off easy.

Dengue 11-08-2005 07:26 AM

for my rpm, I looked at where my rpm needle sits at idle and replaced the needle while the car was idling, for the speedo, I drove with the gauge panel open, paced my brother in his truck at about 55 mph, and put the needle on at speed. for my gas, I filled up the tank and put the needle at full, and for my temp, well, I never did get that one right.....

Skip

Chiketkd 11-08-2005 07:33 AM

You guys go through all of this just for white faced gauges? :confused: :eek:

94svxred 11-08-2005 07:39 AM

all you need to do is force one end of the gauge over the needle then slide over the long end of the needle!! I did mine this way and havd no prob! You don't need to take the needles off!! :eek: If you don't believe me do a search on the sight and you'l find more info on gauge install!! serach- reverse glo gauges!! :D GOOD LUCK!!

Dengue 11-08-2005 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiketkd

Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time...

svxash 11-08-2005 09:04 AM

Does anyone have a picture of what these gauges look like installed both during the day and night?

msvx95 11-08-2005 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiketkd

nope, I like the stock dash color. White gauges look tacky to me especially with the interior colors and all the surrounding trim.

AFBeefcake 11-08-2005 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxash
Does anyone have a picture of what these gauges look like installed both during the day and night?

I got some haft pics of the gauges.

Locker