The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   closed threads?? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8209)

drivemusicnow 01-15-2003 02:20 PM

closed threads??

Whats with the locked threads. I'm sorry but it is kind of retarded when we had a whole post about being able to post off topic. I personally think the computer thing was a fine post. It might have started a little PC vs Mac war, but if you don't learn about these kind of things then you might keep on buying things that aren't as good. Mt Maniac, i think that just because it doesn't relate to you, it doesn't neccesarily mean that there isn't someone on this network thats not looking for a new computer that might find this info useful. on the other hand, the logo thing was a little ridiculous. But i still had a couple of questions pertaining to that. I was wondering, first of all how easy are they to apply, because i was thinking of puttin the SVX logo along the top of the back window, and how hard it would be to take off. I don't think anyone really has to explain themselves, or neccesarily stay on topic, but i think closing threads detracts from the purpose of this section of the SVX network... babble

$VX 01-15-2003 02:40 PM

(response about the vinyl: its pretty easy to put on and take off. If you get one I can help you (via online instruction) in both.)

Green1995SVX 01-15-2003 03:32 PM

We've been there before with the PC/Mac thing... a few times, and the thread has been locked before. The thread is still there so that all can still view it. :)

Second, I think a few people around here are tired of personal attacks which end up becoming lengthy arguments. I tried to cut one off before it got too bad.

The moderators, myself included, would all appreciate any feedback via PM or email. If you have any personal gripes, my email address is mike@subarusvx.org.

Mike

DavieGravy 01-15-2003 09:23 PM

Did that involve me by chance? I didn't see how the thread progressed before it was removed.

CigarJohnny 01-15-2003 10:40 PM

Me too. Last I saw it was actually an intelligent, well behaved discussion. I was kind of surprised to hear it was locked down. Especially the one Ca$h just started with the Motorola vs Intel chipset comparison. It seemed the only one remotely abrasive was Leslie and that thread was locked down after 3 replies. Odd...:confused:

$VX 01-16-2003 09:11 AM

Yeah, I'm even getting PMs. Apparently, whenever anyone else posts something off topic, its okay. BUt when I do so, I get yelled at. I believe in equality here so I will yell at anyone who posts anything off topic.

:rolleyes:

- Ca$h

Aredubjay 01-16-2003 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by $VX
Yeah, I'm even getting PMs. Apparently, whenever anyone else posts something off topic, its okay. BUt when I do so, I get yelled at. I believe in equality here so I will yell at anyone who posts anything off topic.

:rolleyes:

- Ca$h

It's not the means, it's the manner. It would be wonderful, Cash, if we could ALL see things from your point of view, BUT, I don't think ALL of our heads would fit "up there."

Off topic is fine. Being abrasive and stirring up **** is not. Put your **** stirring spoon away and you won't have any problems. Keep stirring, and get what you've been getting. It's that simple.

drivemusicnow 01-16-2003 10:11 AM

I'm sorry that I didn't use the correct channels in bringing this up. I'll PM or email you next time. I think if everyone just ignored stuff a little bit more this might be less of a problem... as in if someone brings up a topic that you think is just an argument, instead of adding to it, just ignore it. Just an idea

Alcyone SVX LSL 01-16-2003 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay
...Off topic is fine. Being abrasive and stirring up **** is not. Put your **** stirring spoon away and you won't have any problems. Keep stirring, and get what you've been getting. It's that simple.

So well said! Look Rob i dont hate you i dont hate what you post about or anything like that but Randy is right. Like your current post that you put everywhere: "This thread does not pertain to hte SVX. All of you should be ashamed. Please lock this thread. Lord knows we cannot have ANYTHING off topic here, the sky will fall! That is useless, we know it is off topic but it isnt starting flame wars, i used to enjoy going to R/C forums of 8 i have enjoyed at one time, 8 have gone crappy. I hope this forum stands long and strong.
(sorry guys just seeing signs of flame starting, next we will have trolls everywhere and that is not good)

WestCoastSVX 01-16-2003 10:50 AM

Did I miss something?

What is all this talk this morning about locked or closed threads? :confused:

Last time I was here was about noon my time yesterday and I don't think anything was being locked or closed. Maybe it was?

Are the closed threads not visible then? I can't see them. Closed different from the way Eddie's Garage is? Like totally deleted?

Why? Was there good reason or are we getting itchy trigger fingers around here? :confused:

$VX 01-16-2003 11:09 AM

No, there isn't any good reason. For instane, its OKAY to talk about the Dodge Magnum, because the topic wasn't started by me. HOWEVER, if I brought it up, it'd be locked or closed. FOR INSTANCE, its OKAY if someone else starts a computer thread, and then it sorta meanders into friendly discussion (with no name calling or anything), but its NOT okay for someone to knowingly start such a friendly discussion.

Its the uppity "Ca$h is always wrong" attitude thats starting to piss me off. I'm a nice guy. And for the people who are inferring that I have my head up my ass...

um...

WHOS STARTING ****!? Did I call any of you names? Did I tell you you had your head stuck up your ass? No, I didn't.

Personally if you're going to refer to other members as having their heads up their asses I'd suggest you look in the mirror to see where your's is.

- Ca$h

Aredubjay 01-16-2003 11:17 AM

Troy, the closed threads have been re-opened (fyi, I wasn't the one who locked them).

Cash,
Who called you names?

And, I wasn't inferring anything. I was stating fact.

SHISVX 01-16-2003 11:18 AM

Houston i think we have a problem

i think some time soon, this thread questioning closed threads is about to be a closed thread:rolleyes:

Kelli

MNYPNNY 01-16-2003 12:11 PM

You know what happens when annoying things are ignored? They usually, eventually, go away.

I understand the automatic response to something you don't agree with. I understand the jump to defend yourself or your point when it's questioned. I realize that the temptation is sometimes just too hard to resist.

Yet, doesn't it make sense to just ignore certain things? We all know that certain people just feed off the arguments and confrontation. Stop feeding it, ignore it, and it will eventually stop.

Ca$h, just one question: if you're so unhappy with how you're supposedly treated on this board, why do you still hang around? I sure as heck would leave if I felt I was being unfairly treated, true or not.

~~Michelle

SHISVX 01-16-2003 12:30 PM

i agree with ya Michelle, well said

Kelli