The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Reading Meet (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Meet Monster got me..... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=59735)

huck369 04-26-2012 07:43 PM

Meet Monster got me.....

broke a belt in my left front tire.....just short of the West Virginia line......so I'll be later than I originaly thought....on my phone.so won't be able to check in too often...

1986nate 04-26-2012 09:57 PM

Re: Meet Monster got me.....

That sucks. Hopefully the rest of the trip goes on without a hitch :)

bx92svx 04-28-2012 08:26 AM

:( just got us.......... loaded up.......get ready.....nothing:mad: dead

At least one of the 3 Rebeccas will be late today.

My SVX never fails, battery not so much!

Becca & Ed

ensteele 04-28-2012 01:18 PM

....Wanted

Meet Monster

Dead or Alive

radarwhiz 04-29-2012 09:18 AM

I got a little nibble from him on the group drive yesterday. Thanks to everyone for the help getting it fixed so quickly ( and cheaply).

And the monster still remains free.......

huck369 04-29-2012 08:23 PM

The Meet Monster decided he wasn't finished with me yet....
This morning I got up early to head home (long drive, and have to get up at 5-something in the morning to go to work) and loaded up my Yellow Beast, and it wouldn't start....so after waking up OT, he helped me diagnosis it, it turn out be Lan's chip had dislodged, and wasn't making contact....re-installed, and it fired right up...only took an hour.....Surly the Meet Monster was satisfied with my sacrifices now!......NOT, lost ANOTHER tire on the way home, broke another belt, and egg shaped the Right Rear tire this time....drove it very slow about 30 Miles (to the nearest Wal-Mart.....only place to get tires on a Sunday) made it about half way when it popped, so had to install the spare (Thanks Nate for the lug wrench! ) to make it the rest of the way....and just had them replace the other 3 tires, so I again have a whole matched set...

So The Meet Monster cost me a whole set of tires, and an extra night in a motel, to a total of around $500.00.....and add the room at the meet,$100 and Gas (About $250) and Food, Raffle tickets, License plate, this meet cost me about $950.00.....I could have done a lot with that much money

But enjoyed the meet, and seeing old friends, and meeting new ones.

I "Finally" got home about 9:00 pm tonight.....but I did make it...thanks to all for the help

" the Reading Meet, it's not just a meet......it's an Adventure! ..."

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...y/IMG_0263.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...y/IMG_0276.jpg

Blacky 04-30-2012 04:39 AM

What make and model of tires were breaking belts. I'll put them on my avoid at all costs list.

huck369 04-30-2012 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blacky (Post 703452)
What make and model of tires were breaking belts. I'll put them on my avoid at all costs list.

I'll have to look tonight, as I don't recall the brand or model...

They only had 10-15 thousand miles on them....but were about 6 years old....

bx92svx 04-30-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huck369 (Post 703437)

" the Reading Meet, it's not just a meet......it's an Adventure! ..."

Hahaa.. I kept repeating that because it is always an adventure in an SVX.

Thanks Huck for being Meet Monster bait, I hear yellow is it's favorite color. Except for a couple side snacks you kept it pretty well fed. Sure hope it had it's fill & leaves you alone from now on! Loved your SVX, sorry about all the $$$$$$. I need tires also so I better get looking. It was great to meet you & the rest.

huck369 04-30-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bx92svx (Post 703490)
Hahaa.. I kept repeating that because it is always an adventure in an SVX.

Thanks Huck for being Meet Monster bait, I hear yellow is it's favorite color. Except for a couple side snacks you kept it pretty well fed. Sure hope it had it's fill & leaves you alone from now on! Loved your SVX, sorry about all the $$$$$$. I need tires also so I better get looking. It was great to meet you & the rest.

I was sacrificing myself so that others could avoid the Meet Monster....:rolleyes:.....:D:D:D:D

Great meeting you too!

huck369 04-30-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blacky (Post 703452)

They were "Sigma" Shadows in a 205/55 R16

Brian 04-30-2012 08:08 PM

Sorry to hear you had more trouble, Huck. But I'm glad that at least at Reading you finally had someone there to help you out when you were the one with an SVX problem! I hope the expense of this one doesn't keep you away from Reading in the future.

pearlm30 04-30-2012 11:14 PM

Same thing happened to me on Friday @ the meet after OT installed the LAN's ECU 1av1 chip. For some reason the chip poped out and I couldnt get the car to start. :mad:
Glad you made it back home !:)

DiabloScoobyru 04-30-2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pearlm30 (Post 703538)
Same thing happened to me on Friday @ the meet after OT installed the LAN's ECU 1av1 chip. For some reason the chip poped out and I couldnt get the car to start. :mad:
Glad you made it back home !:)

Are these chips from the new batch of the 1av1 with pins that are too large for the socket in the ECU? I just got mine put in early last week...Are you using the ZIF socket or the SIP strips? The SIP strips seemed pretty tight when I put them in, just wondering if I can expect the same problem...

Conn SVX 05-01-2012 05:58 AM

Mine fell out back in June, I put a dot of hot glue on it. If you don't like that idea then try putting a piece of that foam insulation tape on the cover inside where the chip is , to hold it from moving. Just an idea.