The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   4-6 weeks?!?!?! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39576)

AlcyoneDaze 06-28-2007 08:58 AM

4-6 weeks?!?!?!

Subaruparts.com says my front fuel supply line isn't available in ANY dealership in America and I will have to wait 4-6 weeks for it to come in from Japan!!! has anyone ever experienced a wait on parts like this from them?

lhopp77 06-28-2007 09:11 AM

Meaning?

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlcyoneDaze
Subaruparts.com says my front fuel supply line isn't available in ANY dealership in America and I will have to wait 4-6 weeks for it to come in from Japan!!! has anyone ever experienced a wait on parts like this from them?

Check with another dealership yourself and see if you get the same answer. :)

Lee

ensteele 06-28-2007 09:41 AM

Yes, some parts may have to be brought in from Japan. :o

AlcyoneDaze 06-28-2007 09:54 AM

so i guess im just S.O.L. until they can get it... i just wanted to make sure they weren't just running some line and i'll never get the part, i need my SVeckie back!!!

msvx95 06-28-2007 10:02 AM

That sounds about right....I was looking for a fuel tank for my 90 legacy in the past and the only place to get it was from Japan...and it was a fortune too.

svx_commuter 06-28-2007 10:39 AM

Quote:

What happened to the old fuel line????

benebob 06-28-2007 10:50 AM

check out www.partsvoice.com It'll tell ya which participating Subie dealers have a part you have the part number for. Very good resource Earl are you listening. Post it somewhere! Works on any make of car too! Perfect for the I need this right away. Who can ship out today events.:D

AlcyoneDaze 06-28-2007 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svx_commuter
What happened to the old fuel line????

I was removing my intake manifold and failed to disconnect the front fuel supply, thereby bending one of the pipes the wrong way and breaking it. Yea, I'm an idiot, I know... learning my lesson the $115 way :o

They'll definitly have the part in Japan though, right? I mean, what if this part doesn't exist at all, anywhere, anymore? can that happen? Are we SVX owners going to start to run out of factory parts when these cars turn 20 years old?

benebob 06-28-2007 01:39 PM

Quote:

I was removing my intake manifold and failed to disconnect the front fuel supply, thereby bending one of the pipes the wrong way and breaking it. Yea, I'm an idiot, I know... learning my lesson the $115 way :o

They'll definitly have the part in Japan though, right? I mean, what if this part doesn't exist at all, anywhere, anymore? can that happen? Are we SVX owners going to start to run out of factory parts when these cars turn 20 years old?

Car manufacturer's are supposed to keep a supply for 15 years after production stops. Of course that doesn't always happen. There are already plenty of SVX parts that are no longer available. Hence the reason I and anybody who cares about keeping the SVX around for 50 years dislikes dismantlers who only pull the "valuable" stuff today.

AlcyoneDaze 06-29-2007 10:31 AM

eventually its going to come down to me having to pick up a parts car, or selling the one I got...