The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest Region (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Tacoma svx needs help (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43133)

Keoni 02-04-2008 09:33 PM

Tacoma svx needs help

ok so i just turned 18 and the first thing i did was buy a 1994 svx lsi. I have loved them since i first saw one in federal way. the body was in decent shape when i first bought it, except the driver side fender. well now someone has broken into it. They used a crow bar and pried the trunk open, cracking the passenger tail light and center piece, scratched the paint off the trunk and many other things. well now that the lights are cracked open my trunk is flooding. so i was wondering if anyone knew anywhere in the puget sound area that i could get any of these parts from.

needed
passenger tail light
tail light center piece
driver side fender
trunk lid

if someone could help me out i would really appereciate it. my goal is to get my car back to its original condition and keep our svx's around

ensteele 02-04-2008 11:37 PM

Welcome to the site. If you watch the For Sale section and parts, you should see many of these items for sale. You can also post what you need there as well and some one will get back to you. We will have some time in the future that you can get some help on this if needed. I will watch for some of these parts for you as well. :)

ensteele 02-04-2008 11:38 PM

What color is the car? That would help if I am looking for parts. :)

Keoni 02-05-2008 03:16 PM

its red the one thats my avatar color really doesnt matter cuz the car will be repainted once the body work is done. yeah thanks i know i can check the for sale section but i was hoping to find it local.

WestCoastSVX 02-05-2008 04:30 PM

I'm a bit hesitant, but since you are just looking for parts and it would be nice for you to find something local, epsecially for the larger parts...

Check out Small Car (www.smallcar.com). They are located in Tacoma and at least in the past always had a few parts cars on hand as well as a whole room full of used SVX parts. A while back they were trying to sell a lot of it and were offering reasonable prices. Might be worth giving them a call to see if they have anything you are looking for.

Be sure to compare any prices against the "going rate" in the For Sale forums here (or ask someone here if it's a fair price). Just want to make sure you get a reasonable deal since you're new to the car and may not know the average prices, etc.

Also, if you talk to them and they start talking about doing work on your car or selling aftermarket parts to you, ask around here before you give them any money. ;)

ensteele 02-05-2008 06:29 PM

Yes, please check back here before having them do any work for you. Use caution when dealing with them. :o

Keoni 02-05-2008 08:53 PM

Thanks for suggesting the website. so i checked out the website, unfortunately i couldnt find any of the parts i needed. i appericiate the help guys

Turbone 02-11-2008 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keoni (Post 526031)
Thanks for suggesting the website. so i checked out the website, unfortunately i couldnt find any of the parts i needed. i appericiate the help guys

Hi Keoni, I have the parts you need and live about 15mi east of Tacoma.
Send me a PM, or post here (I'll try and check here more often:rolleyes:)

Keoni 02-17-2008 12:56 AM

ok i got the tail lights thanks to turbone. But when i installed them i noticed how bad my trunk is. The fiberglass is cracking every where, and missing chunks. so if anyone knows where i could get a trunk for a good price id really appericiate it.

ensteele 02-17-2008 11:16 AM

Trunk? :confused: Are you meaning the trunk lid? :)

Keoni 02-17-2008 11:51 AM

yeah the trunk lid. i was a little tired when i wrote that last night.

fishtail 02-18-2008 08:46 PM

Trunk Lid

Portland Imports has a nice black one. The number is 1-800-547-3682 or 1-503-255-8735.

Turbone 02-19-2008 01:02 AM

I can sell you one, on one condition. I get your old one.
Got to have something to fill the hole :p
I think you need to make a trip to my place. That way you can take a look at what you need and we can remove it and maybe even replace the part there.