The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Did it, my first SVX - 97 Black 45K original miles (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42919)

maxg765 01-22-2008 09:02 PM

Did it, my first SVX - 97 Black 45K original miles

Hello All,

Been here since Oct 2007. I have always liked the SVX's style and engine Been very casually looking at SVX's for some time now, actually few years now. They have always been too expensive here in Montreal, Canada, and still are I might add. I only want a low mile car that does not "need" any work. I missed a nice 96 BORDEAUX PEARL this past October and have been regretting it since. I decided not to miss another if one should come up.

So here what I got.

1997 Ebony Pearl Black LSi AWD #14 of 640
45K Original miles
Original Owner
Has Original bill of sale
Suppose to be in near perfect condition inside and out.
Very well dealer maintained and garage kept all its life
New battery this week

I guess what I paid will hopefully start to bring up the value of these cars...

She goes for an inspection later this week or early next week. Deposit is on the way. Provided she is as advertised (which I am sure she is) I should have her soon.

Hopefully I wont have any troubles with her. I have to admit I don't know much about these cars and their issues with the exception of what I have been reading here since Oct 07. How hard is it to find parts. Can someone give me a quick list of what I should start looking for and stock up on?

Thanks and best regards

Max G

Hocrest 01-22-2008 09:15 PM

Congratulations. Sounds like a real nice one.

If she was treated well by the PO, she should give you no major problems.

ensteele 01-22-2008 09:34 PM

Congratulations on a nice SVX. Take good care of her. :)

maxg765 01-22-2008 09:38 PM

I was almost uncomfortable buying her....

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele (Post 522975)
Congratulations on a nice SVX. Take good care of her. :)

Hello Earl,

I have to say I was almost uncomfortable buying her knowing that you still need a 97 to add to your collection. It was almost like cheating. I have to ask do you drive them all on occasion or are some of them in storage? What do you plan on doing with them all? How did this start?

Regards

Max

ensteele 01-22-2008 11:20 PM

It was a dark and stormy night and ..... :lol:

I will have to tell you the story sometime. I didn't plan it believe me. :D

I drive them all on a rotation system. I have them in storage except for a couple at a time.

I have to get rid of a couple before I get a 96 or 97. :D

SilverSpear 01-22-2008 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele (Post 523001)
I have to get rid of a couple before I get a 96 or 97. :D

heuh????? :eek: :confused:

Hocrest 01-22-2008 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele (Post 523001)
...It won't be long before I have 96 or 97 of them. :D

Fixed it for you... ;):lol:

ensteele 01-23-2008 12:05 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks for your help! :lol: :lol: :lol:

svxistentialist 01-23-2008 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxg765 (Post 522960)
Hello All,

Been here since Oct 2007. I have always liked the SVX's style and engine Been very casually looking at SVX's for some time now, actually few years now. They have always been too expensive here in Montreal, Canada, and still are I might add. I only want a low mile car that does not "need" any work. I missed a nice 96 BORDEAUX PEARL this past October and have been regretting it since. I decided not to miss another if one should come up.

So here what I got.

1997 Ebony Pearl Black LSi AWD #14 of 640
45K Original miles
Original Owner
Has Original bill of sale
Suppose to be in near perfect condition inside and out.
Very well dealer maintained and garage kept all its life
New battery this week

I guess what I paid will hopefully start to bring up the value of these cars...

She goes for an inspection later this week or early next week. Deposit is on the way. Provided she is as advertised (which I am sure she is) I should have her soon.

Hopefully I wont have any troubles with her. I have to admit I don't know much about these cars and their issues with the exception of what I have been reading here since Oct 07. How hard is it to find parts. Can someone give me a quick list of what I should start looking for and stock up on?

Thanks and best regards

Max G

Ah Max, now I see your cunning plan. You wait around for years until you get a low mileage one.:eek:

I was wondering how you got lucky enough to get such a low miles Stag and wonderfully cared for Mazda RX4.;)

Now I see that it is not luck, just a cunning plan.:rolleyes:

Well for the SVX at least I got you beat as they might say a few kilometres south of you; my latest Silver '92 has 38000 miles all up.

That's close to 2,500 miles a year versus your 4000 a year for the Ebony.

As I said in the other thread, congratulations and enjoy the car. I know you will pamper it and we can help you with any problems.

[1stSubaruparts.com for parts]

Joe:)

maxg765 01-23-2008 08:46 PM

The Plan is luck

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxistentialist (Post 523022)
Ah Max, now I see your cunning plan. You wait around for years until you get a low mileage one.:eek:

I was wondering how you got lucky enough to get such a low miles Stag and wonderfully cared for Mazda RX4.;)

Now I see that it is not luck, just a cunning plan.:rolleyes:

Well for the SVX at least I got you beat as they might say a few kilometres south of you; my latest Silver '92 has 38000 miles all up.

That's close to 2,500 miles a year versus your 4000 a year for the Ebony.

As I said in the other thread, congratulations and enjoy the car. I know you will pamper it and we can help you with any problems.

[1stSubaruparts.com for parts]

Joe:)

Hello Joe

The plan is luck. I seam to always land on low miles one owner cars. My one owner 74 Mazda RX4 was an accidental find as the ad came out in the wrong place and I happen to look in the wrong place. I used to own a 74 Alfa GTV that was also a one owner with original title that I came across the web ad minutes after it was put up that when I called for the car the owner was so confused by my call not understanding how fast the net worked-chance. My 72 Triumph STAG with 36000 original miles car was also a nice find. Now my Subi. I love original unrestored and unmodified cars. I like to drive them in their original state experiencing the engineering limitations of the manufactures of the era. Any car can be modified to be something else but it can only be original once and its function and representation as a model can only be from its original state. Don't get me wrong here, I appreciate modified cars and the interesting way new technology can adapt to the older and improve on it but I prefer the original form.

Thanks

Max