The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   A Good Dealer (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2789)

sith 02-15-2002 01:43 PM

A Good Dealer

Well, to counter Randy's crappy service experience (sorry to hear that Randy.. sniff), I figured I'd offer a tale of A Good Dealer.

Have had a growing rumble in the back for a while. Figured it was a bearing, but wasn't sure. Dropped it off at White Bear Subaru (minnesota) yesterday morning. They shuttled me back to campus, and told me they'd let me know what was up before 4pm. They gave me a call around 2:30 yesterday afternoon to let me know that it was a bearing, they had already gotten authorization to do the repair from my warranty company, and had the parts in stock. He said, apologetically, that he wouldn't be able to have it done until today though.

Went out there today to pick it up ... car was washed, sounds great, and the kid who brought the car around offered to buy it off me! (he was amazed to see <60k miles on an svx)

Anyways, all seems good, so if you're in the area and haven't given them a try, I'd highly recommend it.

-colin

Green1995SVX 02-15-2002 01:49 PM

Re: A Good Dealer

Quote:

Originally posted by sith
Well, to counter Randy's crappy service experience (sorry to hear that Randy.. sniff), I figured I'd offer a tale of A Good Dealer.

Have had a growing rumble in the back for a while. Figured it was a bearing, but wasn't sure. Dropped it off at White Bear Subaru (minnesota) yesterday morning. They shuttled me back to campus, and told me they'd let me know what was up before 4pm. They gave me a call around 2:30 yesterday afternoon to let me know that it was a bearing, they had already gotten authorization to do the repair from my warranty company, and had the parts in stock. He said, apologetically, that he wouldn't be able to have it done until today though.

Went out there today to pick it up ... car was washed, sounds great, and the kid who brought the car around offered to buy it off me! (he was amazed to see <60k miles on an svx)

Anyways, all seems good, so if you're in the area and haven't given them a try, I'd highly recommend it.

-colin

It's so nice to hear a GOOD dealer story. I feel the same way about Lancaster County Motors Subaru, in Lancaster, PA. (where i bought my car) They are always GREAT with diagnosing problems, their repairs fix the problems, and the car always comes back washed. If anyone ever needs service in the Lancaster area, they're the place to check out.

-Mike

svxter 02-15-2002 07:59 PM

I'm happy with my dealer, too. I've never had a bad experience with them - Earl Duff Subaru, Harriman, TN. They're probably one of the relatively few Subaru only dealers in existence.