The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   98 FACE LIFT ever existed? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50925)

briansvx 07-11-2009 09:43 AM

98 FACE LIFT ever existed?

1 Attachment(s)
I thought I'd share this photo with a personal firm belief that YES! the alleged 98 face lift did exist just never gone into production..

the photo certainly looks like one of those auto shows...

Gamesy 07-11-2009 09:50 AM

Re: 98 FACE LIFT ever existed?

i thought ther last year was 97? and that looks like an R32/R33 bumper

Green1995SVX 07-11-2009 10:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I believe so too. Here is another picture of a 'facelift' car:

redlightningsvx 07-11-2009 10:18 AM

I never seen that pic before, just the other 98 one.

Green1995SVX 07-11-2009 10:19 AM

The rear bumper really looks different too. I wish there was a picture of the rear of the car somewhere. Unfortunately, I've never seen one.

svxcess 07-11-2009 11:45 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Looks very similar to this one, which served as the inspiration for Stevebsy's front bumper.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/atta...1&d=1247334489
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/atta...1&d=1247334416

ensteele 07-11-2009 12:12 PM

Because the lower picture is a pearl, I would guess this is an after market bumper. It also looks like a slightly different color, but it could be the angle of it. Pearls were not made after 94 unless it was different in the JDMs. That is why I am guessing it is after market, and not a 98 makeover. :o

SilverSpear 07-11-2009 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele (Post 609112)
Because the lower picture is a pearl, I would guess this is an after market bumper. It also looks like a slightly different color, but it could be the angle of it. Pearls were not made after 94 unless it was different in the JDMs. That is why I am guessing it is after market, and not a 98 makeover. :o

Yes I believe so Earl. Also the sides and rear seem to be different.
But definitely aftermarket...

svxistentialist 07-11-2009 01:34 PM

Yes, I think it's from an aftermarket show.

I actually don't like it, plus I don't like Stevebys version. The big air intake is good, and would serve very well for a FMIC, but at the sides there is too much vertical skirt.

It fattens up the look of the front of the car, as opposed to the look of the the original which is slender and bullet tipped. It's nearly as bad as Danny's version.

:rolleyes: :)

Green1995SVX 07-11-2009 02:06 PM

I really like the interior colors.

BoxerFanatic 07-11-2009 02:16 PM

I can't imagine that an OEM-grade bumper cover, would cut that much area out of the center of the bumper beam.

That lower intake leaves a very thin area for a bumper beam. The actual OEM bumper seems to have a slot through the bumper beam, but it is still full width, from side to side, otherwise.

The aftermarket one isn't the worst thing ever, and is somewhat smoothly executed, other than the lower intake, which is a little too dominant, and vertically large for the very horizontal, and very low front end of the SVX. have to agree with svxistentialist.

Green1995SVX 07-11-2009 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoxerFanatic (Post 609135)
I can't imagine that an OEM-grade bumper cover, would cut that much area out of the center of the bumper beam.

That lower intake leaves a very thin area for a bumper beam. The actual OEM bumper seems to have a slot through the bumper beam, but it is still full width, from side to side, otherwise.

The aftermarket one isn't the worst thing ever, and is somewhat smoothly executed, other than the lower intake, which is a little too dominant, and vertically large for the very horizontal, and very low front end of the SVX. have to agree with svxistentialist.

The bumper requirements in Japan were not nearly as strict as the US at that time. I had a JDM legacy bumper and it had almost no beam in it at all.

SilverSpear 07-11-2009 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxistentialist (Post 609131)
... It's nearly as bad as Danny's version.

True Joe, the worst on this forum is Danny's version, man how could he ruin such a nice car with that oversized design? :rolleyes:

svxistentialist 07-11-2009 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSpear (Post 609142)
True Joe, the worst on this forum is Danny's version, man how could he ruin such a nice car with that oversized design? :rolleyes:

Yeah, Danny.

And there's Rebecca thinking that Elliot has a scary avatar! :eek: :lol:

Yo the man......

SilverSpear 07-11-2009 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxistentialist (Post 609143)
Yeah, Danny.

And there's Rebecca thinking that Elliot has a scary avatar! :eek: :lol:

Yo the man......

Yeah but you know there was a reason from the beginning why the kit was done as such... Without "something" to reflect the look, I guess the mods are ricey, but in terms of functionality, the design and future alterations open a wide highway of performance possibilities deemed unreacheable in the past.

Still my dream holds at one totally modified and one totally stock. Still trying to contact the owner of the Euro SVX in Dubai, if it is still there, then it will be mine... and Joe, you know me better than anyone else in what I mean here...