The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Just bought a '92 LS-L (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4271)

billisa 05-25-2002 07:14 AM

Just bought a '92 LS-L

Well I waited for 10 years and just picked up a '92 Silver/Black LS-L with 140,000. I've put 1,000 on it already, and it simply doesn't use oil, and it's the most powerful, stable car I've ever owned. The trans was replaced with a Subaru remanufactured one about 40,000 miles ago. I've gotten up to 25 MPG and no less than 21. The car has no spoiler and I'm not sure if I should add a factory one. Also, I put 4 TOYO FZ4 that feel smooth all the way up to 100mph. Actually, I tend to baby my cars, but it's nice to know the power is there when you want it.

Aredubjay 05-25-2002 11:18 AM

Re: Just bought a '92 LS-L

Quote:

Originally posted by billisa
Well I waited for 10 years and just picked up a '92 Silver/Black LS-L with 140,000. I've put 1,000 on it already, and it simply doesn't use oil, and it's the most powerful, stable car I've ever owned. The trans was replaced with a Subaru remanufactured one about 40,000 miles ago. I've gotten up to 25 MPG and no less than 21. The car has no spoiler and I'm not sure if I should add a factory one. Also, I put 4 TOYO FZ4 that feel smooth all the way up to 100mph. Actually, I tend to baby my cars, but it's nice to know the power is there when you want it.

Congratulations, Bill (I suppose it's Bill). You've just described exactly how each of us feel about these great cars. Even so, I never tire of hearing the words from a new owner. It's like, "Yeah, there's another fortunate person who's discovered the beauty of the SVX."

May your SVX give you miles and miles of smiles. :D :D :D

svx_commuter 05-25-2002 12:06 PM

Welcome to the club and good luck with your car. I have a 92LS-L also and it is doing just fine. I call my car "Baby" and last night she and me ran the drag strip. She is a special Baby.

uconnscott 05-26-2002 08:41 PM

Glad you like the ride......I love mine!

I also have just got the Toyo FZ4s and am very happy with them.

Take care of this car and it will make you very happy!

SHISVX 05-27-2002 10:13 AM

congrats!

the wait was well worth it..now you have a great car. i am glad to hear that you shall take good care of it. i like hearing that a svx goes to a good home!:D

Kelli

Bwana 05-27-2002 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by svx_commuter
and last night she and me ran the drag strip.
Any times you care to share? I'm very interested in what other people are running.

SVXPerformance 05-27-2002 02:29 PM

As a new owner(kinda) I also know how it feels. You gotta love the looks on the road or when you pull up to a light and see a Rice Burner looking right at you wondering how much the windows and the spoiler cost. Also Saying to poeple "Hey it's a flat 6, no 4cyl in this subie." Hope you enjoy your car as much as I am enjoying mine.