The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   question re shipping to canada (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37956)

rallyingrob 03-15-2007 06:48 PM

question re shipping to canada

hi there fellow canucks!!
i got a price on a factory replacement radiator of 384.43$ cdn taxes included and i can have it in a few days

but jeez.....400$ !!!

i'd rather pay 1/2 as much and order it from dayle :):cool:

the shipping to me was approx 40$ us (dayle's quote)

so thats great!!

my question is:
what OTHER unseen expenses willi have to pay before i get it in my grubby lil hands?

duty? how much?
taxes too?
brokerage fees?
insurance?

i 'd like to buy through dayle, but if the final final price ends up close to subaru's due to as yet unknown fees.........

then i might as well go through the factory.......

rob"cheap bugger"m.
:)

Earthworm 06-20-2007 08:41 PM

If you think that's expensive, a Canadian Subaru Stealership will sell you a new SVX radiator for no less than $800 before taxes!

It's Just Eric 06-20-2007 09:34 PM

Shipping to canada...I dont know what else you pay on your end, but there arent any aditional charges here. The only thing is you need to fill out a customs form. If your shipping airbags, make sure you label the package as "car parts" on the customs form(shipping airbags is illegal, due to the hazards it may pose)

cozykat 06-20-2007 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rallyingrob
my question is:
what OTHER unseen expenses willi have to pay before i get it in my grubby lil hands?

duty? how much?
taxes too?
brokerage fees?
insurance?

i 'd like to buy through dayle, but if the final final price ends up close to subaru's due to as yet unknown fees.........

then i might as well go through the factory.......

rob"cheap bugger"m.

Hey Rob,
I send a lot of stuff to my best friend in Canada so I am a little familar shipping there. :)
If the item is shipped through USPS and mark as a gift, they will allow a max of $60 Canadian dollars before they tax you. If the item's value is claimed to be $60 cdn or more, then they tax you $5 for a handling fee and 14% in tax on the value of the item.
So a way to get out of paying any taxes is for Dayle to mark the radiator cheaper than it is.
Insurance is really for your radiator's protection incase it gets dropped or cracked. So you have to way the odds of paying taxes or getting insurance for the real value of the radiator.
You have to verify with Dayle first who he ships through to determine insurance costs.
As far as I know, there aren't any brokerage fees.
TTYL,
Marisa

rallyingrob 06-21-2007 07:47 PM

jeez i forgot all about this thread!!
sorry !! :(

i ended up buying the factory rad for the 384$...my subey guy had already ordered it and had paid for it (!!) on my behalf, so of course i would follow through with the purchase...its only money eh?
i can always just earn some more!!
lol:rolleyes: :(

and besides....it was DEFINITELY better to not P!$$-off my connection !!!
:D

cozykat 06-22-2007 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rallyingrob
jeez i forgot all about this thread!!
sorry !! :(

i ended up buying the factory rad for the 384$...my subey guy had already ordered it and had paid for it (!!) on my behalf, so of course i would follow through with the purchase...its only money eh?
i can always just earn some more!!
lol:rolleyes: :(

and besides....it was DEFINITELY better to not P!$$-off my connection !!!
:D

Haha. Sorry to make you relive it then. ;) I figured it was too late but I thought you might like to know about the shipping tips/tricks if you hadn't already.
Take care,

rallyingrob 06-24-2007 09:32 AM

still good info to know though......
lord knows i'm no where NEAR done ordering parts!!!

97 SVX 06-25-2007 02:23 PM

ReCore

Try a rad shop.
They will remove the top & bottom tanks and recore..
Should be less that $150 and will be "AS NEW"

Ian