The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Power No Power Power No Power (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19325)

tancred 06-16-2004 09:03 AM

Power No Power Power No Power

So, my car it like came alive yesterday, threw me back in my seat and put a smile on my face, and now its back to being slow. The previous owner made a disturbing statement wheni bought it last week..."Oh yeah, i put 85 in it, its a smart car it knows when it has regular, and you have to reset the ecu before it will run right on premium again" lol....and im wondering if maybe i need to reset the ecu, i have noticed that it is a lot slower then my 92. Not just lack of mods slower, but all around...Any ideas? And i got a idiot cluster light to flicker today like maybe 1 second, i just noticed outta the corner of my eye. It was a light orange color, near the Check engine light, and it doesnt come on when the key is in and the rest light up, maybe just a glitch.....

Anyways...slowness needs fixed...

SVXer95 06-16-2004 09:56 AM

I would go to a dealership and get the ecu cleared with a select monitor. THis is the fastest way to fix the problem.

It will heal itself eventually, but this will take a long time. I would get the ecu cleared.

SpeedyWRX 06-16-2004 10:13 AM

If you want to reset the ECU then do this. At least I think it'll work for the SVX - I know it works for the WRX. Unplug the negative on the battery and step on the brake for 10 seconds. That clears the ECU.

SVXer95 06-16-2004 10:25 AM

That will clear codes, but not everything. You need a select monitor to clear what I am talking about...I am pretty sure. Longassname, you out there? He knows for sure.

tancred 06-16-2004 12:44 PM

from what your saying it sounds right, because i have noticed small spurts of real power, and usually it runs like poopy. But today it came a live, and last night a little. I will have the stealership reset it, hopefully before reno trip...i am getting decent gas mileage like this though..heh..

I dont like the idea that the car was playing marco polo with its knock sensors.....but on the upside i discovered a tranny cooler tucked wayyyy into things...i thought the car didnt have one..

svx_commuter 06-16-2004 01:40 PM

I can't tell from your post if you got two cars or one.
You can reset it yourself if it's a 92.
You can have it reset for free at AutoZone if OBDII. :)

SpeedyWRX 06-16-2004 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SVXer95
That will clear codes, but not everything. You need a select monitor to clear what I am talking about...I am pretty sure. Longassname, you out there? He knows for sure.
The SVX must be different then because I know that it will reset the ECU on a WRX - not just clear the codes. :)

tancred 06-16-2004 02:49 PM

I had 2, for a week or so, then got rid of one...The current is a 96 chasis, with 92 engine and 96 tranny...

SVXer95 06-16-2004 03:09 PM

Which ECU?

tancred 06-16-2004 05:40 PM

Its a 92 ECU.

SVXer95 06-16-2004 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by tancred
Its a 92 ECU.
Very good, you had me worried there.