The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   European Forum (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Anyone need spares? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23335)

Andy 12-20-2004 04:09 PM

Anyone need spares?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...513508960&rd=1

michael 12-20-2004 06:12 PM

In the mood for shipping me the head and corner lamps? and buying them for me? and calling for the prices? Got Paypal?:D

Lazarus 12-21-2004 04:02 AM

Gearbox

Guys, do you think it would be a good idea to source the gearbox from this for my car?

L.
--

b3lha 12-21-2004 06:39 AM

I wonder why this car is being parted out. It says both airbags deployed, but I can't see any panel or even glass damage.

An SVX of that age/condition must be worth over 5K, so it would need at least 2K of damage before the insurance company would write it off.

What could the reason be?

edit: Also, shouldn't a 97P have the chrome grill like Arthur's rather than the waterfall?

svxcess 12-21-2004 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by b3lha
I wonder why this car is being parted out. It says both airbags deployed, but I can't see any panel or even glass damage.

An SVX of that age/condition must be worth over 5K, so it would need at least 2K of damage before the insurance company would write it off.

edit: Also, shouldn't a 97P have the chrome grill like Arthur's rather than the waterfall?

98211PA030DO A:b Module Ay Rh $863.43 US
98211PA003MD A:b Module Ay $699.99 US
Subtotal: $1,563.52

This is only the price of the two airbags without the VAT or installation. Price goes well over 2K by the time all is factored in.

Was there an accident? What caused both airbags to go off? I always dreaded that some electrical malfunction would deploy my airbags and the insurance compantwould total it rather than fix it.

b3lha 12-21-2004 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by svxcess

98211PA030DO A:b Module Ay Rh $863.43 US
98211PA003MD A:b Module Ay $699.99 US
Subtotal: $1,563.52

This is only the price of the two airbags without the VAT or installation. Price goes well over 2K by the time all is factored in.

Was there an accident? What caused both airbags to go off? I always dreaded that some electrical malfunction would deploy my airbags and the insurance compantwould total it rather than fix it.

I was talking in pounds sterling, not US$. Though admittedly UK prices are often double US prices anyway which negates the difference.

I have long suspected that airbags, rather than being a real safety device are just a way to extort more repair money following minor bumps. I think they should be automatically disabled at lower speeds. Notice how on many cars the passenger airbag is cunningly positioned to damage the windscreen when it deploys - another costly repair.

Fortunately our SVX doesn't have them so I don't have to worry about it.

Andy 12-21-2004 09:19 AM

The nearside front wheel is mis-aligned. Maybe it hit a pot hole or kerb, the suspension could be damaged too.

svxistentialist 12-21-2004 09:30 AM

Suspension damage

Quote:

Originally posted by b3lha

You must not have seen all the pics Phil. The lhs front wheel is bent back under the car. Would need new suspension and airbags and jigging up. That lot must cost close to 5K.

Definitely a late model car, the all-in-one burgundy colour indicates that. Dunno about the waterfall grill. Maybe somebody already bought the chrome one, and replaced it with the older model.

Lazarus, if you buy that gearbox, make sure they guarantee it. The wheel being back like that sometimes pulls the half-shaft out of the differential, doing damage in the process.

Oh, just thought, you are probably buying box only, not the diff. OK so.

I might be interested in some pieces of this myself for Black Betty.

Joe:)

b3lha 12-21-2004 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Andy
The nearside front wheel is mis-aligned. Maybe it hit a pot hole or kerb, the suspension could be damaged too.
I see what you mean. Guess that explains it.