The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   gas cap broke!!! HELP! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28278)

Budfreak 09-06-2005 02:11 PM

gas cap broke!!! HELP!

guys i need your help real bad on this one. my gas cap just decided it didn't want to be removed and broke completely. it just spins now and 2 plastics chunks came out of it. i'm out of gas and completely screwed. please help me guys!:(

NikFu S. 09-06-2005 02:13 PM

Find a hammer.

Budfreak 09-06-2005 02:16 PM

where can i find a replacement after i take out some aggression on my gas cap?:rolleyes:

NikFu S. 09-06-2005 02:17 PM

The dealer. See if you can order one offline. If you can't take it off in one piece there is no sense in keeping it.

Try not to get any plastic chunks into the gas tank though.

94svxred 09-06-2005 02:20 PM

WOW whats worse Nick has a busted window or Budfreak1 can't get gas :rolleyes: , Sorry on both counts guys :o

Hocrest 09-06-2005 02:20 PM

I may have a replacement in my basement, complete with the flappy hingie things.

I never tried it, but I think the cap is the same as Legacy's and such. You could probably find a replacement without the hingie things at most auto part stores.

Budfreak 09-06-2005 02:33 PM

i just found a replacement at advance auto for 7 bucks so after i beat this sucker off we'll see if i have enough gas to get to advance and then the gas station. wish me luck.

wawazat?? 09-06-2005 03:03 PM

I might have a complete assembly as well. If so, and you still want it, we may be able to work out delivery this weekend when I am heading home on the OH turnpike with my new low mileage '95.

Todd

NikFu S. 09-06-2005 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94svxred
WOW whats worse Nick has a busted window or Budfreak1 can't get gas :rolleyes: , Sorry on both counts guys :o

Visibility is reduced but I can still drive and it feels solid.

Then again, gas prices sure are rising. Driving sucks.

I have it worse. :D
Quote:

Originally Posted by budfreak1
after i beat this sucker off we'll see if i have enough gas to get to advance and then the gas station. wish me luck.

L.O.L.

Make sure you crack that thing right down the middle. Gotta leave the threads intact, ya know?

svxfiles 09-06-2005 03:32 PM

Try to unscrew it. If you use needle nose plyers and pull out on the handles it might just work. Good Luck.
This is after you remove the spinning part.

Oh, whatever you DON'T MAKE ANY SPARKS!

Budfreak 09-06-2005 04:38 PM

taken care of. went and got new cap for 7 bucks and beat the old one apart till i could reach in and make it unscrew by hand. it looks like the rubber gasket got kinked and stuck in the cap so it wouldn't unscrew. but problem solved i guess. thanks guys for the quick responses.:)

Budfreak 09-06-2005 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wawazat??
I might have a complete assembly as well. If so, and you still want it, we may be able to work out delivery this weekend when I am heading home on the OH turnpike with my new low mileage '95.

Todd

i don't really need the cap anymore, but if you would like to meet up maybe we could. what day are you coming through? i work till sunday morning so just let me know. and if your just giving that cap away i'll take it but if not don't worry about it. Jason

NikFu S. 09-06-2005 05:10 PM

It's not often you can fix something by whacking it with a blunt object. :D

Budfreak 09-06-2005 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikFu S.

but isn't it so great when you can:D maybe someone thought there was something wrong with your windshield.:rolleyes: J/K! sorry i couldn't help myself.:) have you thought about my idea with the camera?

svxfiles 09-06-2005 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikFu S.

Heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh.....

Sorry, thinking about my ex-wifes new friend.....Lumpy.....