The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bad Day (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20782)

michael 08-18-2004 08:28 PM

Bad Day

I went to the transmission shop to bail my svx out, need I say more! I put it in to get the speedo gear fixed and it was $450. I drove around the back of the shop to give it a once over and noticed both trans and diff dipsticks were sticking out about 3 inches there was diff fluid all over the side of the diff. One of my lug nuts were missing, one of the H-6 cover's screws was missing and it was scratched and my center cap had scratches. I went back in and they said the stud was already stripped the H-6 scew was in there when it left. I was just anxious to get it the hell out of there at this point and hope that the big stuff was ok. Everything is good thank god, so I took it to the car wash to make sure they didn't dent or scratch the body, all clear! But I went to an automatic car wash for the first time and I get out for the inspection to find a nice bent antenna mast:mad: Would I sound like a schmuck complaining about the scratches and missing screw, mabey I should just calm down. I hate careless people! GRRRRRR

Peach 08-18-2004 09:11 PM

shop of horrors

A few years ago I took my little XT in for a tranny rebuild. It also had a 4eat tranny. They charged me 1600 bucks. The price was bad enough but when i got it back it rattled and leaked fluid. Like you I just wanted to get the hell out of the shop. Next day, in the lite of day I discovered they had left the support pitching rod un- attached and the tranny pan bolts were finger tight. I also noticed dents across the fenders where they held the engine up. I went back and ranted and raved they denied everything except for the pitching rod, where they shrugged their shoulders and said "oh well' i NEVER TOOK ANY OF MY SUBARU'S TO ANYONE AGAIN!! I entertain myself by saying "What goes around comes around!";)

JackieBeans 08-19-2004 07:50 PM

ouch. . .

Michael - sorry to hear about the troubles man. . . Hope all is well. Hey - I'll be home in about three weeks. I'll let you know and we can get together then. . . I think I might have asked - but any other SVXer's in NEPA???

michael 08-19-2004 09:05 PM

That's what happens when you grow attached to a piece of metal and escaine I guess:rolleyes: I'm on the road to recovery though I ordered a new antenna today and went to the dealer for a new lugnut. This weekend I will have fixed all that was broken. $50.00 all together. I'm so glad the speedo is working again my check engine light has disappeared, yea! It's been on for like a year now for other reasons that I have fixed but there was always the speed sensor lurking. I love my svx somebody asked me last night if it was a lamborghini:D and to answer your Q about SVXs in NEPA not really everywhere but!