The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Snow (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14879)

petesvx2 12-06-2003 05:12 AM

Snow

I hate snow....most likely because I dont participate in any winter activities, but it's cold and messy. Maybe when my SVX's power steering problem is fixed I'll like it more being the one of the few and proud who can navigate the snowy tundra here in CT unscathed. She goes in Tues. :) We have about 6 inches or so, but they expect another 8-10, maybe even another foot. Time to break out the shovels i guess. Is this the first snow post of the season?

Landshark 12-06-2003 05:21 AM

Re: Snow

Quote:

Originally posted by petesvx2
I hate snow....
dude - DOUGHNUTS! time to find a vacant parking lot and play 'driftmaster!' :D

i like snow, but hate the cold. :mad:

SHISVX 12-06-2003 06:00 AM

i couldn't do donuts in my SVX :(

my truck on the other hand ;):D;)

anyways, snow only rocks this year because we finally got our driveway paved and a snow blower!

Kelli

petesvx2 12-06-2003 06:14 AM

at my work (driving range / cider mill) we have golf carts.....hehehehe, there's this huuuuge puddle that has been around since summer, and it finally froze making driving the golf cart that much more fun, so after bushwacking in the woods with it i take it for some donut runs on the puddle....things kids do :)

Landshark 12-06-2003 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SHISVX
i couldn't do donuts in my SVX :(

my truck on the other hand ;):D;)

anyways, snow only rocks this year because we finally got our driveway paved and a snow blower!

Kelli

with FWD (which the SVX is 90%), you need to do the doughnuts in reverse. ;)

SHISVX 12-06-2003 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark

with FWD (which the SVX is 90%), you need to do the doughnuts in reverse. ;)

yeah thanks for the tip sir wise one...but even when i tried to spin out, my svx would hug the road like glue..:(

Kelli ;)

petesvx2 12-06-2003 08:25 AM

I'm scurred to do donuts in my SVX too:rolleyes:

marlettpat 12-06-2003 08:49 AM

find a big open lot and start to do a donut. itll turn into a very nice 4 wheel slide, then slam on it and u have no idea where ur goin:D :cool: :D

Subafreak 12-06-2003 09:13 AM

What are you running studded tires on your golf cart? The ones at my work are compleatly useless in the snow, they push worse than an SVX.

petesvx2 12-06-2003 11:14 AM

lol well it wasnt snowing then, but i would get a good running start until i got to full speed, then just hit the ice, yank the wheel, and stomp on the brakes, and tada instant spin :)

Landshark 12-06-2003 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SHISVX

yeah thanks for the tip sir wise one...but even when i tried to spin out, my svx would hug the road like glue..:(

Kelli ;)

i guess the laws of physics didn't apply to you and your SVX, Lady Smartypants. perhaps your purple neon glow tubes melted the snow and ice before you could begin sliding? :D

SHISVX 12-06-2003 11:24 AM

Quote:

i guess the laws of physics didn't apply to you and your SVX, Lady Smartypants. perhaps your purple neon glow tubes melted the snow and ice before you could begin sliding? :D

listen here sweetheart, those neons were off the car by August...and we don't get snow here in August. and i really honestly tried to have fun in the snow in my SVX in a parking lot, a few times...and i still didn't ever get a good round :( just a little slide here and there, and once in a while a pulse on the ABS

i am deprived! :(
Kelli

petesvx2 12-06-2003 11:42 AM

Quote:

:D

Subafreak 12-06-2003 07:00 PM

Now there's an idea! Intense microwave beams that instantly melt snow and ice away from the front of your car as you drive down the road, leaving the melted water to freeze back to ice for the cars behind you.:D

Motorsport-SVX 12-06-2003 08:24 PM

move to Tucson

or Phx for that matter...
its been no in the mid 80s here for the last several
weeks, and maybe in the 50s at nite...
damn, I was using my AC today !!