The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Svx Rip (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=36037)

michael 11-08-2006 06:46 PM

Svx Rip

How many svx have been parted, crashed or crushed? The number must be astounding.
Mabey this should be a poll.

michael 11-08-2006 06:56 PM

This is my first poll and it is in the wrong section and there are 2 of them! Could someone fix this please, sorry:(

TomsSVX 11-08-2006 07:35 PM

what about blowing up motors and trannys?? I have done my fair share but never sent one packing.

Tom

Electrophil 11-08-2006 08:04 PM

I sent one to an electrical grave by driving it with a bad radiator... waiting... and waiting... and waiting...... for the Aluminum one. 80k miles.

May it be parted in peace.:(

SilverSpear 11-09-2006 12:06 AM

Even with a blown up engine, we should never part the car. Try fitting a WRX/STi engine or the Legacy 3.0L but keep the car running...

BTW, does anybody knows about the Liberty RSK Twin Turbo engine??? My friend bought one to fit in his Porsche 914 :eek: , he found it for $400 (nobody would buy it because for its size it cannot be fitted inside an impreza), he is a mechanical engineer...

subi-crosser 11-09-2006 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michael
How many svx have been parted, crashed or crushed? The number must be astounding.
Mabey this should be a poll.

Due to political pressure from my insurance co, I ALLOWED a totaled SVX to be crushed before all useable parts could be pulled.
It was NOT at my facility at the time, but could have been, if the insurance company wasn't such a BRAIN DEAD A**-H@@le!!!

The same agent asked me "why I needed so many cars, when I could only drive one at a time".....
I said, " Why don't we just haul everything over 5 years old to the CRUSHER, and everyone drive a BEAMER!!! and we can tell Dr Mike that He doesn't really NEED 30 Corvettes, and the insurance company has determined that that is too many Corvettes for 1 man to own!!"

I have SINCE found an insurance company that does NOT make such judgements!!!

mikecg 11-09-2006 05:04 AM

I havent killed one, It was already did. I parted it out though. And I did save one before that. I'll just mark on as killed since I did part it.

huck369 11-09-2006 05:07 AM

I revive them....I don't kill them

dcarrb 11-09-2006 06:01 AM

I gave a good home to one that had been on a dealer's lot long enough for small creatures to nest above the muffler heat shield, and another that seemingly had precious little TLC in ages (with moldering, three-year old architectural drawings in the trunk), and I drive both regularly and they seem happy, so I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum. Given someplace to put 'em, I'd take in a couple more.

dcb

halistan 11-09-2006 06:51 AM

The Phoenix!

I killed one......but spent $13K to bring it back to life :) Ok, not all of the $13K came from me.....11K came from Insurance...but i paid the rest on my own. That was 6 years ago and I still have it but its sitting out in the parking lot awaiting me to put a new engine in it, or have its current one rebuilt (It leaks more oil than my dads great dane slobbers).

Budfreak 11-09-2006 03:20 PM

I've parted 2, But not by choice. But I've also saved 2. 1 being my own which has a very loving and good home after being through the auction system and sitting on a car lot for a good while, And the other is my Moms which she bought from a goofball kid who had it pretty trashed. It now has 4.44's and has had about 80% of the screw ups fixed. But, My car or my Moms wouldn't be nearly as nice and put together as they are if not for the parts cars, So at least they served a good purpose.:)

michael 11-10-2006 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX
what about blowing up motors and trannys?? I have done my fair share but never sent one packing.

Tom

I mean any svx that you have owned that has gone to it's final resting place. If there were 14,000 imports we have to be down at least 2,000 by now. Don't be shy people, these things happen, even if you've parted some. We know that the needs of the many sometimes outweigh the needs of the few so step up. and props to everyone who has ressurected an SVX!... even if you drove it into the grave :D

huck369 11-10-2006 06:11 AM

Well, I have bought 2 different parts SVX's, one was wrecked and pretty stripped when I got it (a 95 LS-Tour), but still had a good motor (is gone now), and the other (a 95 L AWD) was wrecked all over) and it's motor and ECU lives on in FrankenWedge, and it's windshild is in my Pearl Yellow SVX.... (still have the 95 if anyone needs parts that are close by)