The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Gotcha Turkey !!!!!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28622)

ensteele 09-26-2005 11:01 PM

Gotcha Turkey !!!!!!

I was sitting in my office about an hour ago and my neighbor call me and said that he had called the sheriff because he had seen someone prowling around my cars with a 5 gal gas can. I said that I would go upstairs and look out my upper window to see if I could see him. I got up there and didn't see anyone or anything. Just then, my security light came on and out from behind the cars comes this guy with a 5 gal gas can. He was startled because of the light and he started to go up the road. I quickly went outside and stayed in the shadows and followed him for a ways. He turned right on a long road that came out to the main road about a mile away. I went back to the house and just as I got there, was met by the sheriff. We gave them the story and they went down the main road and then back on the one that he had last been seen on. There he was, in dark cloths and a red 5 gal gas can. He was arrested and then they called us to have us come down and talk to them. We could not ID the guys face, but could describe his cloths and the gas can. He had the right cloths and the right gas can.

While the sheriff was gone, I looked at the cars and they had tampered with the gas door on the SVX that didn't have but about 1 gal of gas in it. It did show tampering, but did not do major damage.

The gas station was about 1/2 mile away. :) The sheriff also was told that he had parked his car in front of a building down the road from me. We went down to see if we recognized the truck and saw that the tabs had expired in 2002. :rolleyes: This guy is on a roll. :D :D

His story - Gee, I ran out of gas and was going to the gas station to buy some gas.

sharky512345 09-26-2005 11:13 PM

he was trying to fill up your gas tank for you. :)

94svxred 09-27-2005 12:58 AM

Nice catch Earl http://bestsmileys.com/fishing/1.gif Don't forget to Thank the neighbor! http://bestsmileys.com/bouncing/6.gif

ensteele 09-27-2005 01:01 AM

No, I won't forget to thank him. We look out for each other. :)

Found out later that he had stolen plates on his truck. :D

I can hear him now - gee, someone changed them and I didn't know it. :(

TomsSVX 09-27-2005 10:53 AM

people nowadays :rolleyes:

Tom(never syphoned gas out of dad's truck...never :D )

SSSVX 09-27-2005 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharky512345
he was trying to fill up your gas tank for you. :)

.....drive your svx away. :D Yeah, you shld thank your neighbor. :)

dcarrb 09-27-2005 11:59 AM

Good nab. The way prices are going, my guess is we'll be witnessing more of this. (Didn't locking fuel-filler doors first make the scene after the 70s oil embargo?)

And a few years from now we'll reminisce, "Remember when you didn't have to pay for gas until after you'd pumped?"

dcb

ensteele 09-27-2005 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcarrb
And a few years from now we'll reminisce, "Remember when you didn't have to pay for gas until after you'd pumped?"

dcb

I can't think of a station around here that will allow you to fill without paying first. :)

Earthworm 09-27-2005 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
I can't think of a station around here that will allow you to fill without paying first. :)

I can't think of any stations here that force you to pay first. :p

Bipa 09-27-2005 03:03 PM

Gosh, I'm reminded of the first time I had to pre-pay. Was on a road trip in the USA, in North Carolina, when I stopped at a station and tried to fill up but nothing came out. THEN I noticed the sign that said I had to first pay at the cashier. I had no clue how much I would need, since I'm not used to thinking in US gallons. I did my usual "dumb blond" routine :p , had the guys all laughing, and the nice lady at the cash register just told me to go ahead, fill up and then pay later. Nice folks in North Carolina. :)

Good to hear the louse got caught and didn't do too much damage to your car. Too bad it isn't the old days when he might have ended up making license plates. That would seem a fitting punishment, eh? ;)

immortal_suby 09-27-2005 04:53 PM

Bwahaha ! Good kill, Earl. :D

Noir 09-27-2005 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bipa
Good to hear the louse got caught and didn't do too much damage to your car. Too bad it isn't the old days when he might have ended up making license plates. That would seem a fitting punishment, eh? ;)

:p :p :p

someone brought that up the other day :p

ensteele 09-27-2005 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bipa
Too bad it isn't the old days when he might have ended up on the end of a rope swinging from a tree in my front yard! That would seem a fitting punishment, eh? ;)

Bipa - I fixed your post! :eek: ;) :rolleyes: :D :D

NapaBavarian 09-27-2005 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
Found out later that he had stolen plates on his truck. :D

Brilliant...steal out dated plates..........

ensteele 09-27-2005 10:52 PM

Some of these guys are not the brightest bulb in the chandelier. :rolleyes: