The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   New Ferrari (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48792)

LarryIII 01-23-2009 04:37 AM

New Ferrari

Rosie got me a Ferrari last week.
Before eveyone gets bent out of shape or drools with envy, let me say that it was a bottle of Ferrari Eau de Toilette. It comes in a nice red box with the prancing horse logo, and has a lemony cinnamon aroma.

Getting this gift got me thinking (smell the wood burning) that we need a scent called SVX. We can use the same ad agency that Subaru used to market the SVX.
I can see it now.... "SVX...for the man who wants to smell like his car!

I don't mean to leave the female SVX owners out in the cold. For them, we have TRANNY by SVX. The slogans for this could be "TRANNY...When you want to slip into another realm.", or "TRANNY...only her mechanic knows for sure."

Let's not forget the ever popular soap on a rope (the perfect holiday gift). It would have the SVX logo embossed on it. The soap can come two ways.
(1) For her it would be colored pearlized white with a black rope and have aloe in it.
(2) For him it would be a dark amber color, like burnt transmission fluid, with a twisted v-belt type rope, and have some oatmeal in it to make it a little bit gritty.

I'm sure Ron can get Ripemoff Industries to have these items in the stores for sale by the Holidays next year.

I have to go now. I want to get an Obam Chia head for Rosie.

SilverSpear 01-23-2009 04:45 AM

Re: New Ferrari

loooooooooooooooooooooooool nice one Larry!!!

Mr. Pockets 01-25-2009 06:55 PM

When Amber and I stopped in Cozumel on a cruise several years ago, we went into a dumb duty-free shop. They had a giant Ferrari fragrance display, and I bought a 'sample' pack with four or five bottles and a Ferrari Matchbox car. It was so trashy I had to have it.

Landshark 01-25-2009 10:59 PM

so would "Eau de SVX" smell like burnt transmission fluid or musty fake suede? :confused:

Freeman 01-26-2009 06:42 AM

My SVX smells like oil and burnt something or other..

mikecg 01-26-2009 09:07 AM

TRANNY....... for the man who wants to smell like a woman as well as dress like one.....

Freeman 01-26-2009 09:20 AM

Fixed your post:
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikecg (Post 584112)
TRANNY....... for the she-man who wants to smell like a woman as well as dress like one.....

:lol: I guess someone had to say it...

LarryIII 01-26-2009 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikecg (Post 584112)
TRANNY....... for the man who wants to smell like a woman as well as dress like one.....

..........not that there's anything wrong with that.:D

Freeman 01-26-2009 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LarryIII (Post 584122)
..........not that there's anything wrong with that.:D

LOL! Last time I checked, there's plenty wrong with that. :p

Now if your into that sort of thing, it's a different story..

Morality, oh how we know nothing of you...

LarryIII 01-26-2009 02:24 PM

Freeman,

Aren't you a Seinfeld fan?

Freeman 01-26-2009 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LarryIII (Post 584175)
Freeman,

Aren't you a Seinfeld fan?

OH! You have me laughing in my office now..

I honestly didn't get that till you said Seinfeld. I had to really think on it too.. Seinfeld is pretty old stuff for me I guess.. I don't remember much from when I was younger so it's a good think my uncle has it on DVD..

K_Dub 01-26-2009 02:47 PM

What a coincidence, I got a pair of Farraris for XMas.

http://f1-ferrari-mall.com/images/30...lack_Shoes.jpg

Not as good as my old Goodyear Adidas in terms of comfort, but far superior in style. Besides which the old shoes matched the old car. New car, new driving shoes. Now if only we could get Puma to make a SVX shoe, or get DC to make their Subaru shoe less ugly, then we'd have it made. And for those who haven't tried driving shoes yet, they really are better. You don't see NFL players running around in loafers, so why should a driver not have purpose built shoes.

Freeman 01-26-2009 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K_Dub (Post 584184)
What a coincidence, I got a pair of Farraris for XMas.

[IMG]

Not as good as my old Goodyear Adidas in terms of comfort, but far superior in style. Besides which the old shoes matched the old car. New car, new driving shoes. Now if only we could get Puma to make a SVX shoe, or get DC to make their Subaru shoe less ugly, then we'd have it made. And for those who haven't tried driving shoes yet, they really are better. You don't see NFL players running around in loafers, so why should a driver not have purpose built shoes.

I never thought about it, the driving shoes that is.. As a matter of a fact.. I have absolutly NO Subaru clothing or SVX clothing...