The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   From my workbench, where I'm wrapping a few last minute presents... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42435)

Beav 12-20-2007 05:46 PM

From my workbench, where I'm wrapping a few last minute presents...

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photopost/...ay_at_work.jpghttp://www.subaru-svx.net/photopost/...arreraGTlg.jpg

Merry Christmas to All!

Crazy_pilot 12-20-2007 05:53 PM

I dislike you greatly now. I spend all day working on the family van.

Well, not true. I've done a couple jobs on Cayenne's, and a 1982 Beemer 6-series today.

I'm still envious:p:p

Merry Christmas!

ensteele 12-20-2007 06:14 PM

I hope you are wrapping my Christmas present there! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Speedklix 12-20-2007 06:27 PM

haha, I was working on a mid 90s junk beretta today when the mother-in-law stops in and says "ohh, is that your black car!" suprised to see it again... we had a good laugh at that.
The most exciting thing to roll in today was a new caddy with smoked brakes. A few volvos and a bunch of work trucks/vans made up the rest of the day.

subi-crosser 12-20-2007 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedklix (Post 516726)
haha, I was working on a mid 90s junk beretta today when the mother-in-law stops in and says "ohh, is that your black car!" suprised to see it again... we had a good laugh at that.
The most exciting thing to roll in today was a new caddy with smoked brakes. A few volvos and a bunch of work trucks/vans made up the rest of the day.

I threw the wifes latest 'present' on the dash of the ol' GMC just before the heater core flush happened. That little problem with the eyes in November kicked my A$$. I had work to do, but had to sit on the recliner and watch my LIFE go by for 6 weeks! I have bought exactly (2) gifts. I am wondering how I can pull off a sucessful Christmas when I am so far behind on what I NEEDED to do back in November!

I LOVE your shop!
You WORK there? You don't OWN it?!
I could post pics of the really nice shop that I walk through on my way to the phones and radio, But it is full of busses. I would rather post the pics of the shops that I OWN. I can post them, but it wouldn't impress anyone that has has a 4 bay 'cave' of their own. ( except for the 7 acres owned and 5,000 acres attatched) thing).....

ridered777 12-20-2007 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subi-crosser (Post 516809)
I am wondering how I can pull off a sucessful Christmas when I am so far behind on what I NEEDED to do back in November!

I do all my X-Mas shopping on the 24th - give it a shot! If all else fails, go on the day, but even that is cutting it a little close for my tastes. I'm a procrastinator, yes. But life goes on, and it's who I am.:rolleyes:

subi-crosser 12-20-2007 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ridered777 (Post 516814)
I do all my X-Mas shopping on the 24th - give it a shot! If all else fails, go on the day, but even that is cutting it a little close for my tastes. I'm a procrastinator, yes. But life goes on, and it's who I am.:rolleyes:

The only thing missing is the MONEY that I expected to have to spend! Try putting your a$$ into a recliner, when you would rather be laying on the ground with a shower of sparks falling on the ground, putting money into the 'Christmas Club'. Then. PAY someone to drive your car, with you in the back seat to your appointments, feed them lunch, etc, and have a Doctor tell you that "EVERYTHING that you do for fun is NO LONGER an OPTION!!( for 6 weeks) GERRRRR!!!

Beav 12-21-2007 08:50 AM

If it helps any, there's another GT (black) on the aisle, a yellow Gallardo floating around somewhere, a couple new R8s next door and some Bentleys hiding out back. BTW, in case you didn't notice, that's not your everyday Viper in the first pic... (Venom 800)

I've had my own shop. Now I'm older, have most of my ducks in a row and enjoy leaving work at work.

Sorry to hear about your downtime, hope you're feeling better and marching along soon.

Beav

Speedklix 12-21-2007 01:39 PM

Sorry to hear about your situation Jerry. I'll have to re-read everything to get a better understanding of what is going on. I am feeling a little less depressed as I just accepted an excellent job offer an hour ago. I know you're not fond of it, but I am an Associate Project Manager for now. Working close with the SPM on the fast track. I don't actually start until next year, but I am very excited. I'm still helping at my father-in-law's shop until then to keep busy and earn "free" parts.

subi-crosser 12-22-2007 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedklix (Post 516927)
Sorry to hear about your situation Jerry. I'll have to re-read everything to get a better understanding of what is going on. I am feeling a little less depressed as I just accepted an excellent job offer an hour ago. I know you're not fond of it, but I am an Associate Project Manager for now. Working close with the SPM on the fast track. I don't actually start until next year, but I am very excited. I'm still helping at my father-in-law's shop until then to keep busy and earn "free" parts.

If YOU are happy with the job, that's what is IMPORTANT!! Do something you love and you WILL succede!

CONGRAT'S!!!!

Landshark 12-22-2007 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beav (Post 516887)
If it helps any, there's another GT (black) on the aisle, a yellow Gallardo floating around somewhere, a couple new R8s next door and some Bentleys hiding out back. BTW, in case you didn't notice, that's not your everyday Viper in the first pic... (Venom 800)

i hope i'm on your Xmas list - i've been good this year. :) :o :rolleyes: :eek:

Beav 12-22-2007 02:04 PM

Aren't you on everyone's list? ;):D

bwb3 12-22-2007 04:27 PM

I'll still send you that bottle of Landshark beer if you want it.:D
Gene