The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sightings (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12112)

LarryIII 07-21-2003 04:31 AM

Sightings

Hello all you SVXers out there in SVXland,

Sighting 1:
Yesterday (Sunday) afternoon about 4:30-5:00 I was watering the flowers & bushes in my front yard. To my amazement a pearl white/black SVX drove by and turned into the cul-de-sac one street over. I put down the hose and ran after him. He parked in front of my neighbor's house where a whole bunch of college guys, including my neighbor's son, were working on their cars. I introduced myself to the lad in the SVX and gave him a Network card. His name is Jeff and he bought the SVX from a dealer in Levittown, PA on Saturday. He lives about 2 miles from my house.
So now we have 4 SVXes in northern DE. DE is a small state with a very small population (if you don't count Perduue's chickens) so I think we now have the most SVXes per capita of any state in the union.

Sighting2:
This morning going to work on I-476N (Blue Route), a green SVX got on at Exit 3 and departed at Exit 5. We ran side by side for about 2 miles. It was 5:54 AM & I was in my '92 pearl white/black SVX. We were both driving with the windows and sunroofs open. It was abot 75 deg. but humid and sticky. We both honked our horns and waved. Was it someone who is a member of this Network site?

ensteele 07-21-2003 10:59 AM

Re: Sightings

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryIII

So now we have 4 SVXes in northern DE. DE is a small state with a very small population (if you don't count Perduue's chickens) so I think we now have the most SVXes per capita of any state in the union.

Burlington, WA still has you beat! With my 5, and 2 others, we have a total of 7. :p :D

Alycone 07-21-2003 10:11 PM

Are you both collecting SVXs to set some kind of silly population record? :)

NikFu S. 07-22-2003 02:53 AM

ive counted about 10 here in anchorage. oh wait, +1 for mine. thats 11!

AK pop: about 775k (corect me if im wrong)
SVX pop: 3 teal, 2 white, 2 blue, 3 black, 1 red
theres even more XTs

LarryIII 07-22-2003 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Alycone
Are you both collecting SVXs to set some kind of silly population record? :)
(1) Earl, I said per capita. Now with 7 SVXes yo may hold the street , county or toenship record.

(2) Alcyone, yes.
(3) NikFu DE has a population of about 250, 000 (not counting chickens.. If you count chickens, then we are the most populous state in the country.) Hmmmm, I wonder if I can talk the Perdue family into buying an SVX.

NikFu S. 07-22-2003 02:47 PM

i think if you counted our state bird, the mosquito, wed be pretty far up there, too.

edit: just remembered i saw a teal one with rims back in early spring. +1 for anchorage.