The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Virus Warning (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4055)

Chris 05-06-2002 06:02 PM

Virus Warning

Everyone needs to take a time-out and do some computer maintenance. I am getting email from all over with virus attachments. Its begining to drive me nuts. So, I am asking everyone to take a bit of time for the sake of others to make sure your machine is clean.

NOTICE: One person in particular is sending me virus through a Verizon network. If you have a computer on a Verizon network (corporate or not) you need to fix this soon. Please dont make me trace this down to a particular person.:D

HINTS: visit http://housecall.antivirus.com
Click on the link for scan without registering. Select your country, and let the download complete. Select auto-clean and select the drives on your computer to scan. Start the process and FIX the problem ;)

Thanks!

Green1995SVX 05-06-2002 06:14 PM

Chris,

I have a mac. How do i scan my machine?

-Mike

Chris 05-06-2002 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX
Chris,

I have a mac. How do i scan my machine?

-Mike

OK.. let me add more information. This is a WINDOZE virus. It runs as a .exe so Mac people out there are not the target (as of yet) of my post. :D

Green1995SVX 05-06-2002 07:11 PM

YAY! Go apple!

-Mike :)

EverclearAtMSU 05-06-2002 07:56 PM

Quote:

YAY! Go apple!

apple rules :D

too bad windows dominates the market. At work i've been receiving 20 viruses a day on average. We have a self up dating virus scaner for our computer systems. I think norton makes it, it is a worthy investment.

nubs 05-06-2002 08:04 PM

Just scanned mine. I'm clean:D

BLKSVX92 05-06-2002 08:24 PM

i know im clean..did a clean format and full install the other day, been scanning with norton and the cleaner everyweek. With soo many computers on the network at school sharing who knows what, viruses have been running rampant here too :(

Seraph 05-06-2002 10:42 PM

I should be clean:

1. I only sent out emails to Doug recently :D
2. I format my XP box every other week
3. The other box is linux.

but thanks for the warning.
Lwin

wasions 05-06-2002 11:44 PM

This is a very interesting virus series.

It seems that my brothers and I had been passing it from person to person, but we all have (up-to-date) virus protection (either McAffee or Norton) and no one has been infected (nobody has seen it for the last several days however). We receive the worm, A-V deletes it, and it apparently goes out anyway. I don't believe you're in my address book Chris, but if ANYONE has received anything peculiar from me, I'd sure like to know about it. PM me or something. Thanks. :confused:

EverclearAtMSU 05-07-2002 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraph
I should be clean:

1. I only sent out emails to Doug recently :D
2. I format my XP box every other week
3. The other box is linux.

but thanks for the warning.
Lwin

if you have linux, you should already be used to ever fool that saw hackers or the matrix trying to hack you as is :rolleyes:

BLKSVX92 05-07-2002 09:03 AM

i cant believe you format every other week :eek:

Green1995SVX 05-07-2002 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by BLKSVX92
i cant believe you format every week :eek:
he doesn't... he formats every OTHER week. SHEESH! Where's your glasses, Mike?!

-Mike

Mr. Pockets 05-07-2002 10:04 AM

Quote:

YAY! Go apple!

Go apple?

You're congratulating them for losing so much of the market that they're not even worth targeting with virii?

:D

Seraph 05-07-2002 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by EverclearAtMSU

if you have linux, you should already be used to ever fool that saw hackers or the matrix trying to hack you as is :rolleyes:

I am in favour of hacking. IFF you truely want to learn the OS or working of the OS, I have no problem if someone hack the system. On the other hand, if they want to be script kiddies and just want to send out crap from my system or screw it up, I'd know what happened and they often don't stand a chance. I personally know the numbers for IL and IN state police's computer crime divisions. I also know the computer crimes division of the FBI office in CA. Just happened to called and reported to them before and arrested a couple of people before.:D So, if someone want to take a peak what I have, go right ahead. If you want to do damages, then you will have someone with a badge knocking on your door. Just my take on hacking.

Lwin

mohrds 05-07-2002 11:52 AM

<<I have no problem if someone hack the system.>>

What's your IP???

:D

In the immortal words of Reggie Hammon in 48 Hours:
"Let's see what we can F^% with next"

Doug