The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   15th Anniversary Meet (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Location set, now time. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=35778)

Speedklix 10-23-2006 03:21 PM

Location set, now time. (15th Anniversary Meet)

*****NEW OPTION, See post 10.*****
*****Be sure you get on the list HERE too!*****
So we have a location...
Now lets choose the time.

I am getting married in August, so I would personally not prefer it... but I am just one person.

I also hear it is much too hot there. Another concern has been college going members being able to attend. So I think we ought to plan it during spring break. I'll put a few options up and everyone ought to express their concerns on the time now.
With a location and time set in stone, we will get a better idea of just how many people can attend via confirming the signup list. With an estimated attendance and dates we can further proceed with the planning.

I hope this poll works...

Alcyone Lunacy 10-24-2006 08:42 AM

I voted august b/c it is the only choice close to late july a good time for most to attend being a month after the dragon and right in the middle of summer vacation:cool:

Speedklix 10-24-2006 01:22 PM

Vote!

daily bump

what works for you guys?

huck369 10-24-2006 01:28 PM

I'd probably prefer not June, as that is the usual Dragon month, so it'd be hard to get off for both close together, but might be able to make it work if neccesary.

Speedklix 10-25-2006 11:07 PM

I just scored some new doors for my beater :D
(Daily bump)

More votes/input please ;)

odepaj 10-27-2006 02:17 PM

July seems to be a pretty good time to have it. It would be easy for me and probably alot of other people, there would be some time between the dragon and it, and wouldn't be in August and that just about solves every problem thats been brought up in this thread.

dustin

svxcess 10-27-2006 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by odepaj
July seems to be a pretty good time to have it. It would be easy for me and probably alot of other people... ...and that just about solves every problem thats been brought up in this thread.

One of the major complaints about the tenth anniversary meet was the heat. That was in July, 2002. Late July 2007 should be no different.

How does having it in July solve every other problem? There are still hotel negotiations, dinner issues, activities to be planned, tours, etc. These all have to be addressed no mater what month we decide on.

huck369 10-27-2006 07:38 PM

But we will need a date before we can do any of those things...

And yes July / Aug will make for a hot meet.

But I'll do my best to be at it no matter when it is.

odepaj 10-28-2006 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess
One of the major complaints about the tenth anniversary meet was the heat. That was in July, 2002. Late July 2007 should be no different.

How does having it in July solve every other problem? There are still hotel negotiations, dinner issues, activities to be planned, tours, etc. These all have to be addressed no mater what month we decide on.

I never said having it in July would solve all that, I just said having it in July would solve the problems mentioned earlier in the thread ie:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedklix
I am getting married in August, so I would personally not prefer it... but I am just one person..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alcyone Lunacy
I voted august b/c it is the only choice close to late july a good time for most to attend being a month after the dragon and right in the middle of summer vacation..

Quote:

Originally Posted by huck369
I'd probably prefer not June, as that is the usual Dragon month, so it'd be hard to get off for both close together, but might be able to make it work if neccesary..

I'm coming up from Texas, so anytime you guys pick will not be "hot" for me :rolleyes:

dustin

Speedklix 10-28-2006 09:20 AM

New Option!!!!!

September/October
Well, how do people feel about September 29,30? Meeting up on the 28th?

Historically, sunset has been 7:33PM and the temp avg has been 73°F :cool:
I couldn't find the rain data for sept, but...
On Average:
  • July is the warmest month. (with Aug. only 2 degrees lower) *the reason I didn't bother to list it
  • June is the wettest month. (and still very hot @ 2 degrees lower than Aug)
  • October has the most clear days

The next weekend (Oct. 6,7) Is about the same with a temp of 69°F.
The week after that is a definite NO go for the plant tour.

I'm surprised no one jumped at spring break :confused: Sorry college guys. Is it just too soon? If it must be summer, august seems to be the better choice :( . Late september will have the better weather and better prices. More VOTES/input please.
I'd like to get at least 20 before starting a confirm list to get hotel commitments.

RSVX 10-28-2006 10:36 AM

sounds good to me!

Alcyone Lunacy 10-28-2006 08:54 PM

That time would be a fine with me as long as it is AFTER the dragon. When we have those serious about going I need to know who is needing a smoking room or I will have to set up the group res for all NON smoking rooms. So if you want smoking please make a note! THANKS!!!

Speedklix 10-29-2006 12:16 PM

Weekend bump!

More info please! Vote! and if you have not voted yet, please read post 10!
We'll consider that as "Closer to fall"... well... "Colser to Fall" as it appears :o.

I sent a PM to the rest of the group just a minute ago. We're going to make this happen, but we need your input! :cool: I can't wait :D .

Speedklix 10-30-2006 07:59 AM

Gotta keep this thread up there!

Monday bump!

While you're sitting at your desk avoiding work, why not put some thought into when you'd like to meet up with the largest group of SVXers ever...

huck369 10-30-2006 08:29 AM

I'll be tring to make it no matter when it is.....

And my room needs to be NON-Smoking....