The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Question: How many of you out there do this? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15462)

SVXnCO 01-07-2004 01:58 PM

Question: How many of you out there do this?

Just as a random question, how many of you SVXers out there get kicks from forcing a slide in the ice and snow whether in a turn when no one is around or in a parking lot etc.?

RSVX 01-07-2004 02:05 PM

I think the answer to that one would be....

EVERYONE.:D

SVXnCO 01-07-2004 02:07 PM

I know I do. I was coming out from work where we have a large dirt lot behind the place. I had some fun and was able to drift completely sideways for a little while. Good times.

Mr. Pockets 01-07-2004 02:17 PM

I'm going to agree - I think all of us who have the opportunity do this. Hell, I used to do it on gravel. :p

alacrity024 01-07-2004 02:40 PM

heehee, dirt, gravel, snow, ice, sometimes even cold, wet pavement.. i'd say that 2" of fresh snow on top of a ice or packed snow base is my favorite condition.. i also adore it when the parking lot isn't COMPLETELY devoid of light posts, curbs, etc.. it's nice to have a little "course" to manuver around..

-adam

SHISVX 01-07-2004 02:46 PM

hrm...not me:rolleyes: :D ;)

Kelli

RSVX 01-07-2004 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SHISVX
hrm...not me:rolleyes: :D ;)

Kelli

noone asked the non-SVX owners group :p

ensteele 01-07-2004 03:31 PM

Kelli

Your nose is getting longer! :)

shelfy 01-07-2004 03:59 PM

a buddy at work and i used to do this until he slammed his 7 month old audi a4 into the mountain in our parking lot.:(

Hocrest 01-07-2004 04:21 PM

How many bears **** in the woods? :)

NapaBavarian 01-07-2004 04:24 PM

You should be ashamed of yourselves!!! Do you know haw dangerous that is? I would never dream of such a thing, shame on you!!!:D ;) :p

NapaBavarian 01-07-2004 04:28 PM

PS, please don't look at all the mud on my truck, covering the underside, on the seats because I didn't roll the windows up, on the roof, on the hood, in the bed... That is NOT an indication I was sliding arround in the mud, drifting sideways, or spining brodies...

...Officer;)

JLittell 01-07-2004 04:49 PM

SVXnCO, Your're full of it! It never snows here in the lower elevations! :D

I can honestly say that I have never put my SVX to the test doing donuts...YET!

However, I'm know how to do donuts in my SVX:D

Darksied-X 01-07-2004 05:51 PM

In all honesty, I really don't do it much in the SVX. For one, I'm still not that comfortable playing with the car, mainly because of the weight. And second, I really don't want to hurt her. I took her around the high school parking lot a couple of times during the first big storm, but only because I knew I couldn't possibly hit anything, and because I knew the roads hadn't been salted yet.

Now the XT6 is a completely different story. I'm still much more comfortable with it, and I don't care as much if I tweak the body, so I hammer on it every chance I get, which is about every stop sign, traffic light, or abandoned parking lot I see.:D Snow, ice, rain, gravel, dirt, grass, I don't care. Hell, I've even tried it on dry pavement one than once, it don't work too good, though. Going straight, around a corner, or around in a circle, it's all good. Needles to say, very few people enjoy riding with me in the XT6.;):D

wawazat?? 01-07-2004 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by shelfy
a buddy at work and i used to do this until he slammed his 7 month old audi a4 into the mountain in our parking lot.:(
Mountain in the parking lot:eek: Biggest thing we get here are curb blocks.

I routinely pitch my 7000 pound truck sideways! 555 ft-lbs, LSD and a manual trans make it very easy:D

Todd