The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SVX Clip on Spike (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33522)

The Goat 06-03-2006 07:19 PM

SVX Clip on Spike

That SVX Car Chase clip is coming up on some new cop show on Spike in a couple minutes. FYI.

triumph1902 06-03-2006 07:41 PM

lol they even said that the owner of the svx tried to sell it on ebay...

iced_out_svx 06-03-2006 10:41 PM

Stolen SVX

So I was just watching Spike TV and some dumbass was jamming through Seattle in a stolen Laguna Blue SVX. Then they said the owner tried to sell it on eBay. Was it anyone here? I've seen this clip before, but I completely forgot about it.

Just thought i'd share.

ShiuludeSVX 06-03-2006 11:12 PM

CarJackers are a waste of Human Flesh

Quote:

Originally Posted by iced_out_svx
So I was just watching Spike TV and some dumbass was jamming through Seattle in a stolen Laguna Blue SVX. Then they said the owner tried to sell it on eBay. Was it anyone here? I've seen this clip before, but I completely forgot about it.

Just thought i'd share.

Yeah, that was back in October I think.
When he got it back the old guy tried to sell it on E-Bay, and some Idiot from a Radio Station faked him out.
The family put it up again later, and it did sell. No info since then.

The old guy was just so heartbroken at the treatment it got, that he just couldn't hang onto it any longer.

Speedklix 06-04-2006 06:35 AM

yeah, he is a member on here somewhere. On the SVXipedia there should be a bunch of the news clips of the chase.

ensteele 06-04-2006 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShiuludeSVX
Yeah, that was back in October I think.
When he got it back the old guy tried to sell it on E-Bay, and some Idiot from a Radio Station faked him out.
The family put it up again later, and it did sell. No info since then.

The old guy was just so heartbroken at the treatment it got, that he just couldn't hang onto it any longer.

Well, I know that "Old Guy" and he isn't so OLD. :rolleyes: It was his son that did the ebay sale for him, and yes, there were several bidders that were not real. The price went very high and then they found out it was a scam. He put it up for auction again and it sold to someone here near Seattle who is having it completly restored. He sold it because it was a mess and the insurance would pay for it and with his car slae he could buy another. He replaced it with a 97 Bordeaux.

ensteele 06-04-2006 09:38 AM

He did and he is a member here. He bought a 97 Bordeaux to replace it. :)

ShiuludeSVX 06-04-2006 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
Well, I know that "Old Guy" and he isn't so OLD. :rolleyes: It was his son that did the ebay sale for him, and yes, there were several bidders that were not real. The price went very high and then they found out it was a scam. He put it up for auction again and it sold to someone here near Seattle who is having it completly restored. He sold it because it was a mess and the insurance would pay for it and with his car slae he could buy another. He replaced it with a 97 Bordeaux.

oops.
I should have been more correct. I meant the Older owner.
When we (this group) had the conversation with the gentleman last year, I was under the impression that the Dad was the owner.
I don't mean to infer that most here are old (apparently there's a pretty good mix of ages).

Thanks for setting me straight.

Earthworm 06-05-2006 11:19 AM

And now he may need a replacement for that one. Has anyone heard from him lately?