The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   seat mounting question (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42141)

redlinedeath 12-02-2007 08:57 PM

seat mounting question

does our car share seat mounting bracket points with any other cars? just curious. i dont wanna have to re-drill anything, and i have power leather seat that weighs as much as my 91 camry. was looking into a non reclinable recaro/sparco or something of that sort, but was curious about mounting.

redlightningsvx 12-02-2007 09:42 PM

not that i no of

Manarius 12-02-2007 10:04 PM

You could probably do a little work and get a sparco from another Subaru to fit (change rails, etc). But, I don't know of anything that will just bolt right in.

redlinedeath 12-03-2007 06:44 PM

damn. ill find a way. anyone wanna buy stock tan leather seats?:)

crazyhorse 12-03-2007 08:20 PM

Do the "tracks" bolt onto our seats, or is there a spot weld that can be drilled out to free them?

redlinedeath 12-03-2007 09:20 PM

well, i dont even have the manual sliders to work with. ill have to figure something out when the time comes

sicksubie 12-03-2007 10:04 PM

If you take an impreza/wrx/ STi seat you will need to bend the tabs on the front mounting tabs down. Then cut the rear feet off completely. This has a dual purpose of getting the seat down to the height of the stock seat. You will then need to get a piece of steel from home depot and weld a tab onto each rail in the rear. This tab is flat and simply extends out past the seat rail by about 2.5 inches (I think). Now simply drill a hole in the steel where the floor mounting points are and you are done. The seat now attach to the floor at 4 points whereas before they had three on the floor and one bolted to the center hump.

YourConfused 12-03-2007 10:23 PM

As I have been looking into fixing the hardened ripped leather in my car, I also wondered about different seating options available to us. I know there is the wrx option, but those are damn ugly in my opinion. I have used after market seats in other cars in the past to great success. I LOVE the NEX seats in my 240z. They are basically perfect for my body type. But they are not made for the long haul. I have used Recaro seats and found they are way over priced. I have FlexSteel in my truck as part of the conversion package and they have been extra comfy for the 150k, but have degraded as of late. As for my SVX, the future is unknown.

redlinedeath 12-03-2007 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sicksubie (Post 512832)
If you take an impreza/wrx/ STi seat you will need to bend the tabs on the front mounting tabs down. Then cut the rear feet off completely. This has a dual purpose of getting the seat down to the height of the stock seat. You will then need to get a piece of steel from home depot and weld a tab onto each rail in the rear. This tab is flat and simply extends out past the seat rail by about 2.5 inches (I think). Now simply drill a hole in the steel where the floor mounting points are and you are done. The seat now attach to the floor at 4 points whereas before they had three on the floor and one bolted to the center hump.

thank you sir!!! would i be correct to assum that impreza/wrx/sti aftermarket seat brakets will work with the same procedure?