The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Anyone in Portland/Beaverton to check out a '92? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37431)

roamer 02-10-2007 04:08 PM

Anyone in Portland/Beaverton to check out a '92?

Okay, so I've been lurking and wanting an SVX for a while now, and found one that looks great: a '92 LS-L with the 4.44 swap for $2350.

Only problem is, I'm in Seattle. Is there anyone in the Portland area who can check this car out for me?

Searching the forums, it looks like elninoalex's latest SVX. Anybody know him? Thanks!

ensteele 02-10-2007 07:21 PM

Yes, he is a member here. I would PM him and ask about the car. He could probably tell you all about it. Good luck. Register at NWSVX to get emails about the meets in your area. We have a very active group. :)

SubaRyu 02-11-2007 03:31 AM

Off the topic, but do you remember the blue SVX car chase in Kirkland while ago?

Ricochet 02-11-2007 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
Yes, he is a member here. I would PM him and ask about the car. He could probably tell you all about it. Good luck. Register at NWSVX to get emails about the meets in your area. We have a very active group. :)

Any more svx sites? Specifically midwest?

ensteele 02-11-2007 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaRyu
Off the topic, but do you remember the blue SVX car chase in Kirkland while ago?

Yes, and he is a member of the NWSVX site too. He has a 97 bordeaux now. :)

roamer 02-12-2007 09:23 PM

*sigh*

Well, talked to him. He says it's in good shape, but he won't take it to a mechanic; says it's a waste of time.

I'm not a mechanic. I won't buy any car without it being checked out by a reputable shop or somebody with no stake in the deal.

I'm not driving 200 miles to buy a car that hasn't been checked out - especially when the owner doesn't even know when the timing belt was last changed.

Looks like there aren't any other people in Portland who can check the car out, so I'll have to pass on this one. Too bad.

Reddev66 02-12-2007 10:09 PM

[QUOTE=roamer]Well, talked to him. He says it's in good shape, but he won't take it to a mechanic; says it's a waste of time.

I would NEVER buy a used car without a mechanic's assessment; ESPECIALLY a SVX.

True Story: I looked at 5 SVX's before I bought mine, and 4 of them failed the mechanics test. I started to think I would never find a decent SVX to buy; it took me three years to find a good one.

Anyone who would not let you take it to a mechanic is nor trustworthy in my opinion. Just my opinion.

ensteele 02-13-2007 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roamer
Well, talked to him. He says it's in good shape, but he won't take it to a mechanic; says it's a waste of time.

I'm not a mechanic. I won't buy any car without it being checked out by a reputable shop or somebody with no stake in the deal.

I'm not driving 200 miles to buy a car that hasn't been checked out - especially when the owner doesn't even know when the timing belt was last changed.

Looks like there aren't any other people in Portland who can check the car out, so I'll have to pass on this one. Too bad.

Stormin Norman is in that area. Maybe he could check it out for you.

I will try to get in touch with him. :)

roamer 02-13-2007 02:50 PM

Thanks! I'd really love to pick up this one, and I'm willing to spend money on getting it up to speed...I'm just not going to go into it blind.

Again, thanks.

TomsSVX 02-13-2007 03:50 PM

is it just me or is there a huge influx of new members lately??:confused:

Tom

Reddev66 02-14-2007 10:40 PM

I used to be RAUGUR33; but I never posted and when I did try to post it wouldn't let me....so I have reinvented myself as RedDev66.

Can't speak for the others

roamer 02-16-2007 04:53 PM

Well...

I've just been lurking for a long time. Didn't want to post until I had something useful to say.

ensteele 02-16-2007 10:17 PM

Stormin Norman is willing to look at the car for you if you need him to. I talked to him the other day. :)

crawlerdan 02-19-2007 03:39 PM

:cool: did anyone go look at this car? if so...info?!?

ensteele 02-19-2007 05:06 PM

Yes, we got some info to roamer because he asked for it. If he doesn't want to go forward on it, we can give you some info on it. :)