The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   This is Fun (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25975)

greggbzz 05-04-2005 06:46 PM

This is Fun

Hello,
I just a bought 92 LSL and being the big internet geek I am, I gravitated to your fine message board.

What a wonderfull place!

Car (I need to pick a name, and perhaps a gender) just got back from the Subaru Dealership, rear wheel bearing and front struts were replaced. I bugged them every day until it was done! It's now very very nice. I MOST enjoy the 20 miles to my stressfull job on I-81 now.
The transmission seems well to do.. I tourtured it during the test drive - up a hill with the e-brake on in drive until about 30 MPH. Did not slip an inch and the fluid smells like it's been in there a while but not burnt and a nice red color. I'll need new tires soon, the fronts are chopped and uneaven because of the neglected front struts.
I should change all four at once right?
Where is the stinking rear wiper fuse?

n00b on demand 05-04-2005 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greggbzz
[URL[/URL] I tourtured it during the test drive - up a hill with the e-brake on in drive until about 30 MPH.

Welcome to the site....please never do that again....i almost cried just reading that :)

greggbzz 05-04-2005 08:48 PM

I'm sorry, I did exagerate a bit, the E-brake was not all the way on, just held it back some.

The mechanic at the dealership kind of got emotional when he went over my bill, telling me to "take care of that car, ok?"

fl_svx 05-04-2005 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greggbzz
Hello,
I just a bought 92 LSL and being the big internet geek I am, I gravitated to your fine message board.

What a wonderfull place!

Car (I need to pick a name, and perhaps a gender) just got back from the Subaru Dealership, rear wheel bearing and front struts were replaced. I bugged them every day until it was done! It's now very very nice. I MOST enjoy the 20 miles to my stressfull job on I-81 now.
The transmission seems well to do.. I tourtured it during the test drive - up a hill with the e-brake on in drive until about 30 MPH. Did not slip an inch and the fluid smells like it's been in there a while but not burnt and a nice red color. I'll need new tires soon, the fronts are chopped and uneaven because of the neglected front struts.
I should change all four at once right?
Where is the stinking rear wiper fuse?

WELCOME !!!!

Yup, change them all at once, ABS and all that stuff likes symmetry, plus all of your wheels are going the wrong way. :eek: I got a brand new set of Fulda Extremo's for $460.00 OTD.

Chiketkd 05-04-2005 08:56 PM

Congrats on the purchase. Love the pearlie color!!! Like fl_svx mentioned - you're wheels are on backwards! :p

-Chike

greggbzz 05-04-2005 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiketkd
Congrats on the purchase. Love the pearlie color!!! Like fl_svx mentioned - you're wheels are on backwards! :p

-Chike

O god your right they are.. lol, I've been lurking here a while, that's the one thing I was trying to avoid.

n00b on demand 05-04-2005 09:05 PM

nice clean pearlie!

ensteele 05-05-2005 12:03 AM

Congratulation on the purchase of the new pearlie. Oh, and has any one else told you that your wheels ....... ok, that's good. :D :D :D

Glad you like it here. Take good care of her, and she will take good care of you. ;) :)

Dza 05-05-2005 08:35 AM

Sweet ride. Hope you take good care of Car and welcome to the site.

greggbzz 05-09-2005 07:33 AM

More pictures, service update!

Back from the Subaru Dealership, they replaced the front struts, strut mounts, right front CV-Joint and back left wheel bearing. My wallet was hurting my be-hind when I drove anyway. I also got new tires at the local Kost (a great place that has been friendly to me for years)

The shop that did this, (Minooka Subaru) in Scranton PA seemed to do a decent job. I asked them about the wheel bering a total of 3 times, and well I guess they did it right. I should probabbly check the tourque on the back lugs and such. I also flushed the ATF at the local AAMCO. Asked them how the old fluid was, not burnt or brown.

After all of that work, the car is so much better. It rides nicer then an 04' infinity I recently drove.

Now, a slight lazy shift from 2-3rd is notceable. No slips, does'nt flare exacactly It just kind of hesitates. I'm reading, learning, about the band adjustment. Might try that this weekend.

Here are some new pictures,
Here
PS - Sorry about the door jam greese grub, the previous owner was a little over zelous with the lithium greese. I'll have to simple green it!

Aredubjay 05-09-2005 07:57 AM

Welcome! The fuse for the rear wiper is in position 11 in the kick panel fuse box.

pavanbabut 05-09-2005 09:35 AM

Hi,
Congrats on ur purchase and welcome to the site as well as SVX family. Take care and enjoy ur rides.
-Pavan.

michael 05-28-2005 06:55 AM

Hey Greg, first time I saw your post. It was strange to see someone else with a scranton location! Nice pics, I have to see it in person sometime. There are only about three pearlies around here and that was proably one of them. Glad to hear the dealer worked out ok.

SHISVX 05-28-2005 08:57 AM

i miss my pearlie :(

take good care of her!

Kelli

greggbzz 06-03-2005 01:59 PM

Hi Mike,

I have the old (somewhat scarey) wheels in my apartment stacked up.
If you'd like to take a look at them, or anyone else in the area.

Car has been running great, I drive it lots on the highway.
I think I want to replace the door panels sometime. Also, my new wheels from Pep-Boys look very nice I think.

If you want to give me a call this weekend feel free. I'm a busy systems administrator* but I should be around saturday and sunday. I PM'ed my phone#

*no fun