The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   5 speed quarter time (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3365)

Brian Steel 03-28-2002 01:32 PM

5 speed quarter time

After installing a new ACT pressure plate in the SVX five speed and using a Gtech Pro and with a less than extreme launch we recorded a 15.33 quarter mile time at 93 MPH. I have no idea how accurate these things are but the time was about what I expected. I figure if I wanted to thrash it a bit harder, I might get it into the 14's. The engine is completely stock, 132K.

elninoalex 03-28-2002 02:02 PM

Brian-Did you run times on the car(or other SVX) with the 4EAT? I had a G-tech and my aggregate 1/4 mile time was 15.34, before the nitrous of course. My car hesitates pretty good from a standing stop. Just thought you might want some numbers to compare with. Keep up the good work.

Stephen

1994SubaruSVX 03-28-2002 03:31 PM

i ran the quarter here in memphis....

when my car was stock and i put up 16.5 and 16.6 numbers at about 86-87mph.

Brian Steel 03-28-2002 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by elninoalex
Brian-Did you run times on the car(or other SVX) with the 4EAT? I had a G-tech and my aggregate 1/4 mile time was 15.34, before the nitrous of course. My car hesitates pretty good from a standing stop. Just thought you might want some numbers to compare with. Keep up the good work.
Stephen

Stephen,
I intend to try a run with the same unit on my Teal 92 with the Auto. 110K and all stock.

Motorsport-SVX 03-28-2002 08:35 PM

Re: 5 speed quarter time

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by Brian Steel
After installing a new ACT pressure plate in the SVX five speed and using a Gtech Pro and with a less than extreme launch we recorded a 15.33 quarter mile time at 93 MPH. I have no idea how accurate these things are but the time was about what I expected. I figure if I wanted to thrash it a bit harder, I might get it into the 14's. The engine is completely stock, 132K.
Hey Brian......I ran my other Claret SVX here in Tucson last yr..very warm out, 1400 ft elevation and got a best of 16.3
That was with an upgrades catback and a K&N airfilter.
Thats a respectable time on a Gtech. Ill take mine to the track when I get it back from you and let you know what I get here (as is stock) and then with our upgrades we offer. Also with and w/o a ZEX nitrous kit.

huck369 03-29-2002 05:42 AM

Quote:

After installing a new ACT pressure plate in the SVX five speed and using a Gtech Pro and with a less than extreme launch we recorded a 15.33 quarter mile time at 93 MPH.
Brian,
Did the ACT clutch set-up elliminate any clutch slipage on a hard launch?
I'd like to know if it did, so I'll know if I should invest in one.
Thanks,

Brian Steel 03-30-2002 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by huck369
Brian,
Did the ACT clutch set-up elliminate any clutch slipage on a hard launch?
I'd like to know if it did, so I'll know if I should invest in one.
Thanks,

Huck,
The stock Impreza clutch was not able to hold the torque of the SVX engine, the ACT clutch does admirably. As far as eliminating slippage on a hard launch, my thought is that if you stomp the throttle hard enough and let out the clutch fast enough and the road is dry, somethings gotta give and I really don't want to find out if the clutch is stronger than the next weakest component since I fear what part that might be.

huck369 03-30-2002 04:59 PM

Re: Re: 5 speed quarter time

Quote:

Huck,
The stock Impreza clutch was not able to hold the torque of the SVX engine, the ACT clutch does admirably. As far as eliminating slippage on a hard launch, my thought is that if you stomp the throttle hard enough and let out the clutch fast enough and the road is dry, somethings gotta give and I really don't want to find out if the clutch is stronger than the next weakest component since I fear what part that might be.

That is all I wanted to know, with the cheap clutch that I've got in mine, if I try to take off even kind of hard it slips, but on normal take offs it does fine, once it's rolling, I can open it up without it slipping, just no hard launching.
I don't want to find the weakest link either:(
Thanks for the heads up,
:cool: