The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   how to clean head lamp glass good as new (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7920)

Roel Albers 01-03-2003 09:29 AM

how to clean head lamp glass good as new

Have bought original Dutch '93 black SVX recently and wandered through the forums today but ....... unable to retrieve the exquisite description, including photo's, of how to detach and clean the head light glass.
Can any one redirect me to the right thread / message?

Thanks a lot!

mohrds 01-03-2003 10:07 AM

Welcome to the network!

Try this:

http://www.stars-gazer.com/%7Esvx/fa...ghts_cleaning/

Doug

Mr. Pockets 01-03-2003 10:31 AM

Welcome to the Network, Roel!

Some Europe-spec SVXs came with glass headlights - does your SVX have the plastic or glass lenses? The steps for cleaning your headlights, if they're glass, would be different than those in the how-to we have.

Welcome to the network, and let's see some pictures!

SVXMAN2001 01-03-2003 02:51 PM

iam finding it extremely difficult to believe that the svx came with glass headlights, i mean since the beginning of this network we have yet to hear of someone who has the "glass headlights". Has anyone even seen them? Another myth is of the special colors jdm svx's had. ONce again another speculation with no proof behind it. Too bad some of these myths weren't true.
chris

SVXMAN2001 01-03-2003 02:54 PM

Oh and in case someone trys to point out the black /red svx with really clear looking lights, that doesn't prove a thing, because mike's headlights are just as clear

CDG 01-03-2003 03:18 PM

SVXcess was able to reproduce super clear headlights by...
you guessed it, buying new headlight assemblies.

another myth: Canadian SVX's came with heated seats.

wawazat?? 01-03-2003 03:30 PM

Hey Chris, why so antagonistic?

1 Attachment(s)
For your viewing pleasure, here is a bright silver JDM SVX.

Todd

If you want to see other colors, cruise the Japanese sites after searching Subaru SVX in google.

By the way, welcome Roel!!!

SVXMAN2001 01-03-2003 03:39 PM

Sweet! i stand corrected

CDG 01-03-2003 04:20 PM

sorry to come across that way.

When I heard that Canadian SVX's came with heated seats, I got a woody. but couldn't find a single one.

I also spend a while on the phone with SVXcess on this very discussion about clear headlights.

The three SVX's I test drove here in Vancouver had terrible headlights, and I was getting nervous.

I beleive that the headlight assemblies actually get pitted, perminently damaging their clarity. So I'm not convinced that they can really be cleaned.

But remember that I don't really know what I'm talking about, because I have never tried....at least on the SVX.

or maybe I just need to get laid:D

CDG 01-03-2003 04:21 PM

Oh, you mean the other Chris....:rolleyes:

Seraph 01-03-2003 04:30 PM

When it comes to cleaning headlights, talk to Doug and me. I think we've master the technique of how to open lights apart.

Where's my oven?

mark10t 01-03-2003 05:00 PM

Nice refurb' on the lights!

Cuz I'm lazy (not- just got way too much 'on my plate' right now)- have you guys considered a headlight 'exchange' program - for a fee- (of course)?

-Mark

wawazat?? 01-03-2003 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by CDG
Oh, you mean the other Chris....:rolleyes:
Sorry, CDG I meant SVXMAN2001.

Todd

Seraph 01-03-2003 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mark10t
Nice refurb' on the lights!

Cuz I'm lazy (not- just got way too much 'on my plate' right now)- have you guys considered a headlight 'exchange' program - for a fee- (of course)?

-Mark

Let me think about it? The thing is some headlights are better than others so it would be kind of hard to do but I will see what I can pull out of my hat in the hear future.

L

Mr. Pockets 01-03-2003 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SVXMAN2001
iam finding it extremely difficult to believe that the svx came with glass headlights, i mean since the beginning of this network we have yet to hear of someone who has the "glass headlights". Has anyone even seen them? Another myth is of the special colors jdm svx's had. ONce again another speculation with no proof behind it. Too bad some of these myths weren't true.
chris

Well I apologize. I was under the impression that laws in certain European countries required the lenses to be glass.